shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting definitions to help newbies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been lurking for quite a while, posted a few times, and I''ve checked out several tutorials from sites listed on PS. I''ve been noticing that there seems to be a few more newbies lately, all with similar questions, I believe. I''ve referred to a few threads searching for specific details in settings, etc., but I often find myself getting caught up in reading the whole thread. Somehow I lost sight of what I wanted to find out in the first place!

Would it be possible to have a thread (a picture dictionary, so to speak) devoted to terms involving settings -- terms such as pave, micropave, fishtail, shared prongs, milgrain, filigree, melee, and any others I know I''ve left out? I''ve checked out threads relating to these things, but I quickly get lost in the vast amount of info.

I''ve loved reading everyone''s advice, suggestions, etc., and PS has been a great wealth of information to me so far.
19.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea! I would attempt to answer, but it''s probably best left to one of our jewlery experts.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Calling all experts!!

N8-Star

Rough_Rock
someone made that attempt before.. I found these links to be very helpful... although, there could be some useful additions made...

basic glossary

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
in the bar at the top under the ads is a drop down menu.... under "knowledge" if you click on "engagment rings" you''ll find several articles that might help...

http://engagementrings.pricescope.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results