shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting at GOG and WF diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Roupey03

Rough_Rock
I was wondering how difficult it would be to do this. WF has a lifetime upgrade policy and a lot more diamonds in my price range to choose from. GOG has the setting I want. A white gold Ingwer antique setting for 380. How difficult would it be to buy the diamond from WF and get it set in the setting from GOG? What is the best way to go about that?

Thanks again guys,

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Have you asked WF if they can order the Ingwer setting for you? If not, I''m sure the GOG could order the setting for you. I would check with WF to confirm that they are willing to set the stone in the Ingwer setting before ordering though.

If not, GOG may be able to set the stone for you, but you should check to see whether or not there would be a setting fee and if they would accept liability for any damage to the stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would contact both vendors and see what they can do for you and figure out what your best option is.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sure WF can get Ingwer. And if not, it is not much trouble to have another retailer send them an Ingwer.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 2:58:32 PM
Author: cpster

Have you asked WF if they can order the Ingwer setting for you? If not, I''m sure the GOG could order the setting for you. I would check with WF to confirm that they are willing to set the stone in the Ingwer setting before ordering though.
I was going to suggest the same thing; I''d imagine WF can get the setting.

If they can''t, though, it makes much more sense to have the setting shipped to WF instead of shipping the stone. Less risk of loss, less $$ to insure the setting during transit. If WF sets their stone, you don''t have to worry about who would cover any damage should it occur.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that it is usually best to have the diamond vendor set the stone, with the exception of a designer setting where the stone is normally sent to the designer to set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results