shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting an H&A Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

WalnutCrunch

Rough_Rock
I remembered reading this here before about setting an H&A stone with the prongs "between the arrows" when using a 4-claw setting. I didn''t quite understand this at first so I didn''t ask for it. When I got the finished ring back, it wasn''t set that way and it looked funny to me; the whole thing didn''t look symmetrical when I looked thru the H&A viewer.

"Luckily," some deficiencies in the gold showed up after polishing and a new ring had to be made, so I''m going to make sure I specify it this time. I now understand why getting the prongs "between the arrows" was so important now. To me, if you''re getting a "perfect" stone with perfect symmetry, and hopefully the "perfect" ring, it makes sense to set the stone perfectly too.

So if you''re real anal like me and are getting a 4-claw setting for your H&A, you might want to specify this when getting your stone set.

WC
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results