shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting advise HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

analyticangel

Rough_Rock
Hi

Am brand new to the site and hope asking about my potential setting is ok here but I need advice Used this forum to find a great GIA 1.51 H VS2 (HCA 1.3)

Now am considering this setting
Here is link and I will try to attach pic
http://overnightdiamonds.com/Catalog.aspx?sg=0&sn=366609

My questions are

1)I am not sure of it or height and how this would look with stone
2) Wondered if a different head would help (safety)
3) any thoughts on getting it in gold with platnium head
4) and of course 4 vs 6 prongs
5) Does anyone know what company makes ENR settings
THANKS IN ADVANCE

ENR6609A.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That design unfortunately sits the diamonds SO high up, that I don''t think it would look very good with a 1.5 ct. stone, unfortunately. Of course, height of diamond is a personal preference, but I also think a diamond set high has more opportunity to get hit on things and maybe damaged. I haven''t heard of that brand, and I would not be too sure of the quality from looking at the picture. Have you looked at WhiteFlash or Peralman''s for settings? They both have pretty high quality settings.

A yellow gold setting is again personal preference, but I would always use a white metal for the head (prongs). 4 or 6 prongs is also a preference issue. I had 4 for many years without a problem. Be sure your ring is insured and that covers you in case of a problem either way.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with ds, it''s sitting way too high for my taste (although it does have 6 prongs which adds more protection), and I''ve never heard of that company either.

mrss is one of our resident setting experts, hopefully she''ll see this and chime in as well.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 8:53:13 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
That design unfortunately sits the diamonds SO high up, that I don''t think it would look very good with a 1.5 ct. stone, unfortunately. Of course, height of diamond is a personal preference, but I also think a diamond set high has more opportunity to get hit on things and maybe damaged. I haven''t heard of that brand, and I would not be too sure of the quality from looking at the picture. Have you looked at WhiteFlash or Peralman''s for settings? They both have pretty high quality settings.

A yellow gold setting is again personal preference, but I would always use a white metal for the head (prongs). 4 or 6 prongs is also a preference issue. I had 4 for many years without a problem. Be sure your ring is insured and that covers you in case of a problem either way.

ditto. I haven''t heard of the company either. I also don''t really like how the head looks plopped on top. I like for them to be a little for fluid looking and integrated into the ring. Here''s a pretty on for Pearlmans in the closeout section:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/052CO1/96/

052CO13.jpg

here''s a tacori with the baguettes that is a great price for a plat. ring:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/065CO1/64/

065CO13.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you like the surprise diamond you might try looking at Scott Kay rings. He uses surprise diamonds in many of his designs.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one from WF..

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/3Stone/1.htm

wFbag3ston.png

analyticangel

Rough_Rock
Thanks for advice so far The whiteflash bag are too small am trying to figure out what will balance well with 1.51 stone
Pearlmans told me the plat Tacori ring posted is too small to accomodate (made for 1.0)

Here are two more pics for advice
The first is ENR2547: 4: 5.2 baguettes, 2 0.09 point rounds, 0.78 TW

the second is ENR1809, 4:4 x 2 x 1.5 baguettes, 16 1 mm rounds, 2 1.5 mm rounds, 0.59 TW
Thanks

ENR1809.jpg

analyticangel

Rough_Rock
sorry it only posted one this pic is ENR2547: 4: 5.2 baguettes, 2 0.09 point rounds, 0.78 TW

last one was 1809 description Hope that make ssense

ENR2547.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results