shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting a Vatche Royal Crown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jane

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a Vatche Royal Crown setting from a local B&M and am having it set. My diamond is just over 1 carat. The tag on the setting said 925 RC, which I found out was for a .75 stone. Is it possible that the jewelrer might set my 1 carat diamond in the RC setting for a .75 stone (the 925 model)? Would the diamond fit in it? I want it set in the 1.0 setting (921 model) and I called the jewelrer to advise him of that but I can''t be too sure that is what is going to happen. However, I noticed that Superbcert sells the RC 925 for .75, 1.0 and 1.5. I''m afraid I won''t be able to tell a difference once it''s set.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I don't understand what you mean when you say "I'm afraid I won't be able to tell a difference once it's set."

And...Did this jeweler order the setting for you knowing the size of your diamond? Or did you just tell him what size to order? I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking that the prongs on a setting for a .75c stone will not be big enough to fit a 1c stone.

Jane

Rough_Rock
I meant that I won't be able to tell whether it's been properly set in a 921 for a 1.0 (vs. the 925 for the .75)

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Jane:

What is the diameter in millimeters of your diamond? You can find that measurement on the diamond certificate. This will be helpful in ascertaining whether the diamond will fit into 925. The correct inventory number for a 1 carat is 921.

Also, you might ask the person setting the diamond if it will fit.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I see what you mean. What did your jeweler say? I don't think that there is any way that they could "force" a stone into a head that is too small. I'm assuming that the only difference in the two settings is the size of the head that holds the diamond.

bof

Rough_Rock
Jane,

you are a dumbarton.
14.gif

-boF

Jane

Rough_Rock
LesleyH:

The measurements are 6.53-6.55 x 3.95mm.

What I'm worried about is that the jewelrer does not have a 921 in stock so he'll try to squeeze the diamond in the 925.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jane:

With those measurements you definitely need a 921. If the setter tries to squeeze the diamond into the 925, the diamond will stretch the prongs and thin them out. In addition this will interrupt the flow of the lines. I suspect you are correct when you said that the jeweler probably tried to sell you what he had. If you have not done anything with it, you should take it back either for a refund or an exchange.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
One other thing Jane...I think that the warranty that Vatche gives with their settings is void if you don't have it set by them (Vatche). I recently got my stone set in a Royal Crown setting that we bought from GOG. They sent my stone away to be set by Vatche. Lesley's right about the flow of the lines, you want that graceful flow to not be crooked or stretched looking.
nono.gif

Luv

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results