shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting a square cushion/QoH/Jubilee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Can the square cut cushions be set in a ring made for a round stone, or do they need something different?

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Bump to see if anyone around knows.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Neil. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture when I was at the jeweler, but I did find one online that was similar. The ring I was looking at was built for a round stone rather than an oval stone, but I think everything else is about the same.

Edit: Also, they said it was meant for a 1 carat round, and the square cushion I'd been looking at is about 6mm on each side, which would put the diagonal around 8.5 mm, I think. Obviously they can't just change out the head because it's integrated into the ring.

DSM1625-L.jpg

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Addlepated,

Many manufactures make similar versions of their rings in order to accept an assortment of different sizes and shapes of stones. Ask the jeweler what your options are. They may make one that accepts bigger stone. It might be necessary to order it in because a store won''t usually have inventory of every size and shape available but they should be able to tell you what will fit. If possible, talk with the person who will actually be doing the setting work and have your stone with you for the discussion.

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the reply! My local jeweler happened to have a setting in their store which they have been trying to sell for a year and is therefore appropriately discounted. She said they could get different ones in, but they''d likely be higher in price. I think I didn''t describe the cut of stone properly to her and she thought I was talking about a stone with cut corners, like a princess or radiant. They''re supposed to call me tomorrow about the setting so I''ll have my answer then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results