shape
carat
color
clarity

SET IT AND FORGET IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
So far, my 1.8, F, VS round stone has been in 2 settings.

The first was channel set baguettes and the second is channel set princess and rounds. Neither seem like the "right" look.

Now, I am thinking of trying a traditional setting with 2 elongated baguettes on either side of the round stone. I also would like an
X Prong basket. I really think that this setting will make the diamond POP and look larger!

Any thoughts.....?

greta2002

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have a 2ct. round diamond set in an X-prong setting. I really love it and receive compliments continuously. However, I do not think that it enhances the SIZE of the stone- if that is what you mean by making the diamond "POP." I believe that this is due to the height of the prongs, as the X-prong "head" sits lower than many other settings I have seen. I hope this helps . . .

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
Hi Bedazzled,
I just have to say that the traditional setting with baguettes on the side is so classy! I have always loved that look. In my opinion, it's hard to go wrong with that. (The only reason I'm not getting that is that I wanted to put most of our limited ring money into the center stone.)

However, it sounds like you're having some setting angst. Have you tried on some different styles somewhere to see how they look on your hand? I'm in the Bay Area, and I was blown away by the selection of settings at Derco Jewelers, in the SF Jewelry Mart. The reason I bring it up is that I ended up going with a setting style that I might not have chosen by looking at a picture on the web. Also, I never saw anything exactly like it on the web; you might find that what you like in person is different from a huge blown up photo on the computer screen.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
-Anna Magdalena

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results