shape
carat
color
clarity

SERVICE? BScope, ImageScope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
Thank god for pricescope and all those in the industry who know what TRUE customer service is.
I got back from seeing my jewller today who has been searching for a IF-VVS 2, D colour, 1.1-1.3c, princess cut.
As there is none available over here in Australia, I was shown a GIA certificate. With all I have read and learned from this site about what to look for in a diamond, I requested a B and Image Scope of this particular diamond. He got back on the phone to his supplier in NY and ask about these reports. The supplier, do you believe, laughed and said that all these reports were false and inaccurate and would only be a waist of money. He told me to trust his judgement and to buy from him. What a joke!!! Needless to say I walked out of there quick smart. You would think with such a large purchase they would go out there way to ease my nerves than to laugh at me. Goes to show, some people are more concerned about a sale then looking after customers who would of come back time and time again if treated better. There loss.

Thank you all for your help making choosing a diamond a much more educated experience.
wavey.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE hearing stories like this. Feels like the good guys are winning!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
6180128, its a touchy subject.

Dealers who use these tools would insist you must use them.

However, there is nothing wrong with buying diamond just because you like it based on you knowledge, common sense, recommendation of your vendor or appraiser, etc.

There is nothing wrong with asking your vendor to provide this information either if you'd feel more comfortable.

Theoretically speaking, there is no guarantee that your own eyes will prefer a diamond that has the best results with any of those tools. They are helpful but not the ultimate solutions.

I spoke to an ISEE2 guy (competitor of Brilliancescope) on the Vegas show and he told me that he's against of using the tool for diamond grading. He only sees it helpful in the jewelry store to help consumers to pick up a diamond when they cannot decide for themselves.

Isee2w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results