shape
carat
color
clarity

Serendipity update

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous @Gussie!!!! One of my all time favorite settings.

I too love the picture of you in your wedding dress with your dog. It is such a special warm and fuzzies picture.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring @Gussie !. Congrats! :clap:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a collage of various stones and settings. Diamond neurosis exposed! :lol:

1. 3.243 I, Margot
2. 3.243 I, Dahlia
3. 3.443 J, Margot
CollageMaker_20210415_071229323.jpg

This is not an exact comparison due to lighting and sizes of the photos but my observations are:

1. The I is way whiter than the J.

2. The current stone looks a tad larger in the Dahlia. The petal prongs do add a bit of diameter.

3. The 3.443 is larger than the 3.243, a very small bit but noticeable.

All in all, there are minor differences in apparent size for all 3. The color difference is definitely apparent. I definitely think I made the right choicewith the stone and setting.

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I love the Margot!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg it’s gorgeous! :love:HG indeed ❤️
Wear in good health and blingy joy @Gussie

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it when everything falls into place... serendipity indeed! Your new stone is beautiful and looks right at home in your Margot. I am so happy for you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does look much whiter than the J. I think the small size trade off is definitely worth the jump in color. Definitely made the right choice!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous @Gussie! And congratulations on arriving at your HG!

I'm still working on it. <sigh> Latest upgrade will probably arrive here in a month or so - and I'm *hoping* that's 'it' - but we'll see.

How much tint do you see in your I? I've just gone down from an F to an H, and I'm wondering if it will work for me, or if I'm going to have to go up to a G. Sticker shock is every bit as real as DSS! Your newest stone looks *very* white! I'd love to get some of your luck on this!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How gorgeous @Gussie! And congratulations on arriving at your HG!

I'm still working on it. <sigh> Latest upgrade will probably arrive here in a month or so - and I'm *hoping* that's 'it' - but we'll see.

How much tint do you see in your I? I've just gone down from an F to an H, and I'm wondering if it will work for me, or if I'm going to have to go up to a G. Sticker shock is every bit as real as DSS! Your newest stone looks *very* white! I'd love to get some of your luck on this!

How exciting!!!! I can't wait to see it!

I really love my stone. It is very white to me but my most recent 2 stones were J so it is definitely whiter than I was accustomed to seeing. I do see tint in the side view but face up it is white to me.

I am starting to think diamond shopping is all in the timing. I waited for almost a year for a 3.5 I to become available at WF. Wouldn't you know, they called me this week with a stone. AFTER I had David rework my Margot to fit the current stone. And the price of it wasn't even half of what I was quoted earlier this year. But this really proves how much I love my current stone because I really don't want to change it. I am definitely smitten with both stone and setting! I am not sure I have ever felt that about a ring.

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Gussie I hope you don’t mind a new question on this older post - looove your Margot setting with the new center! I saw in a different post that you also have a Lily band from Erika Winters. I was wondering if it sits nicely under the Margot - not if sits flush but rather does the indention/design of the Lily prevent it from rubbing underneath the Margot’s basket? My WB rubs under my (not a Margot) basket a wee bit and I’m thinking a Lily band may work better but there are no EW vendors in Texas I can visit.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad this worked out!! DK is amazing and did a beautiful job. The Margot is a stunning setting. So happy for you!

twosanguinehearts

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a collage of various stones and settings. Diamond neurosis exposed! :lol:

1. 3.243 I, Margot
2. 3.243 I, Dahlia
3. 3.443 J, Margot
CollageMaker_20210415_071229323.jpg

This is not an exact comparison due to lighting and sizes of the photos but my observations are:

1. The I is way whiter than the J.

2. The current stone looks a tad larger in the Dahlia. The petal prongs do add a bit of diameter.

3. The 3.443 is larger than the 3.243, a very small bit but noticeable.

All in all, there are minor differences in apparent size for all 3. The color difference is definitely apparent. I definitely think I made the right choicewith the stone and setting.

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but Margot and Dahlia are my two favorite solitaire settings. May I ask what ultimately brought you back to Margot after enjoying both styles? Thanks!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but Margot and Dahlia are my two favorite solitaire settings. May I ask what ultimately brought you back to Margot after enjoying both styles? Thanks!!

As far as prong set solitaires go, the Dahlia and Margot are my favorites too. They are a similar look. Dahlia has a beautiful cup basket that adds some heft (not a bad thing- it's gorgeous to me) and the Margot basket is more streamlined around the stone. The Dahlia prongs are designed to form a slight halo and the Margot prongs are almost invisible. Margot is a much more delicate setting overall and is a bit lower set. They are both really gorgeous and I would love to have either one. Lol, I have my Dahlia stored in case I ever want to go back and I plan to keep my Margot as well. I am currently working with DK to reset my stone in a yellow gold bezel solitaire. If only I could afford 3 stones....

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Gussie I hope you don’t mind a new question on this older post - looove your Margot setting with the new center! I saw in a different post that you also have a Lily band from Erika Winters. I was wondering if it sits nicely under the Margot - not if sits flush but rather does the indention/design of the Lily prevent it from rubbing underneath the Margot’s basket? My WB rubs under my (not a Margot) basket a wee bit and I’m thinking a Lily band may work better but there are no EW vendors in Texas I can visit.

Oh no, I am so sorry missed this question! I try to always answer any questions. I don't think the Lily band rubs Margot. I am sure you have since figured out a solution since this post is over a year old. So sorry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results