shape
carat
color
clarity

serching for a perfect ring, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
HI everybody,
Have been serching for a ring and found it very hard here in Europe.
A few of gemologists we talked to dont even know what H&A cut is and oncewe were told that H&A cut is a "less than perfect cut" and that visually it doesnt make any difference anyway.
So we started looing online.
The stone we are thinnking of is a 1.25-1.5 carat round brilliant H&A, F-G colour, VVS2 clarity
Any thoughts?
From the different websites i can see that prices vary dramatically, from 13 to 20 K???
Also if anybody has a picture of a De Vatche Royal Crown pave with a matching band on a hand, I would really like to see it.
Will welcome any information about the shipment of diamond jewellery from the States to Europe (safety,import duty,etc)
Time very limited as wedding in 6 weeks:)
26.gif
26.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would go with WF if you are sticking with that stats.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/Whiteflash-ACA-cut-diamond-1151358.htm

Is there any particular reasons you are sticking with such high clarity rating or is this preference because of sales talk? Going lower to even an SI1 as long as it is eye-clean will not be noticeable to anyone other than a gemologist with a loupe, just to give you more options.

HPD stone 1.52c FVS2 http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity&id=555.
HPD is certified Vatche vendor so they will be able to get you the settings.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 11:34:21 AM
Author:ozma
HI everybody,
A few of gemologists we talked to dont even know what H&A cut is and oncewe were told that H&A cut is a 'less than perfect cut' and that visually it doesnt make any difference anyway.
The stone we are thinnking of is a 1.25-1.5 carat round brilliant H&A, F-G colour, VVS2 clarity
Any thoughts?
From the different websites i can see that prices vary dramatically, from 13 to 20 K???
Also if anybody has a picture of a De Vatche Royal Crown pave with a matching band on a hand, I would really like to see it.
Will welcome any information about the shipment of diamond jewellery from the States to Europe (safety,import duty,etc)
26.gif
26.gif
If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts are you located in Europe? I might be able to suggest some vendors you could try or who could work with you on your timescale who specialize in h&a cuts. Just as a suggestion you could lower the clarity to VS without visual sacrifice but if you prefer VVS then that is absolutely fine of course!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 11:34:21 AM
Author:ozma
HI everybody,
A few of gemologists we talked to dont even know what H&A cut is and oncewe were told that H&A cut is a 'less than perfect cut' and that visually it doesnt make any difference anyway.
Any thoughts?
26.gif
26.gif
I don't know if we have that setting on a hand in the archives but there is this thread with some photos of it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vatche-royal-crown-with-pave.50649/

I believe Wink at www.highperformancediamonds.com and www.goodoldgold.com sell Vatche.

I don't know if you are in the UK but if so you could contact Dr Indira Marchant at -

www.bestdiamonds.co.uk she sells branded Infinity h&a as does Wink and also might be able to help you with that setting.

Import duties etc.

I believe you need to pay 15% VAT plus 2.5% import duties, so a total of 17.5% on any ring imported into the UK.

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
thanks for your replies, guys
I know i mightn''s see the difference between VVS2 and say VS1 but I am just set on this idea of the practically perfect stone. Besides, my fiancee insisting in getting the best (he thinks it is like buying a DVD player, if you dont go for the best one, you will have to upgrade very soon:) If he was the one choosing, he would prob go for a flawless D even if he had to finance it)
To Lorelei:
We are based in Spain but also often go to Gibraltar, Ireland and England.
Would be nice to find somebody here, but does anybody in Europe deal with de Vatche settings?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are several Infinity diamond dealers in Europe:
Diamond House, Belgium
Suokko Kultasepanliike, Finland
Precious, Ireland
Best Diamonds, United Kingdom

Hope this helps...

213-121.JPG

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks Todd
I will check Infinity diamonds. The dealer in Ireland could be handy.
As for the Royal crown picture, i have seen this one and love it but i want to see the rings on a finger. nobody seems to have this kind of foto.
Came across this stone http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5016/
What you think about it?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2009 12:17:49 PM
Author: ozma
Thanks Todd
I will check Infinity diamonds. The dealer in Ireland could be handy.
As for the Royal crown picture, i have seen this one and love it but i want to see the rings on a finger. nobody seems to have this kind of foto.
Came across this stone http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5016/
What you think about it?
The above is a lovely diamond. I can''t think of anyone who might have this setting, but one of the other veteran PSers is a whizz at settings, if she sees this thread and anyone does have it then she will know!

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/19/2009 12:17:49 PM
Thanks Todd. I will check Infinity diamonds. The dealer in Ireland could be handy.

I''m sorry, I completely missed the "on the hand" part of your request for a picture. Duh! Unfortunately we don''t have the ring in-stock or I''d take one for you... I checked because I was going to offer to send the ring over to the Infinity dealer in Ireland for you if we had one. We do have the X Prong Pave, perhaps Jonathan at GOG will have the Pave RC in stock and can take a photo for you, they''re really accommodating over there as well, so I''m sure he''ll do it if they have the ring in stock.

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
GOG doenst have neither a stone nor the ring i am interested in at the moment:(

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh, just noticed the pictures of the ring! Thanks a lot Gypsy!
Definitely love that ring

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
Stone-cold11
36.gif

justjill

Rough_Rock
I also live in Europe (Netherlands) and understand your diamond buying pain. I kept running into dealers that just wanted to make a sale. One of them suggested that I wear my ring on my MIDDLE finger because they didn''t have the micro pave setting I wanted in my size! Um...NO!

We finally bought from Blue Nile in the UK and had a great experience.

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
on the middle finger???
32.gif
Well, the most rediculous thing i heard when checking the dealers here was "make up your mind first whether you want a heart cut or a round cut and then come back and there is no such thing as an Arrow diamond" when i asked if they had a Hearts&Arrows round briliant diamonds :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 5:20:57 AM
Would really appreciate an advice:

which of these two you think has a better performance? Is the price difference only about the colour or is there a big difference in proportions, etc

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=1151359,1474660

Internally flawless...you know you can get a diamond that looks exactly the same for half the price, right?

Anyway, they both look great. Yeah, the price difference is in the color.

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
I know but we are buying it without actually seeing it and there is something that freeks me out when i know that the diamond has some fractures or cavities or else... Besides, this is for life (I dont want to upgrade) and i have saved a fortune on my wedding dress so it will help a bit...
Also due to the crisis i think it is better to have something real on the finger rather than a number in a bank. I know it may sound stupid

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 6:42:28 AM
I know but we are buying it without actually seeing it and there is something that freeks me out when i know that the diamond has some fractures or cavities or else... Besides, this is for life (I dont want to upgrade) and i have saved a fortune on my wedding dress so it will help a bit...
Also due to the crisis i think it is better to have something real on the finger rather than a number in a bank. I know it may sound stupid
Just so you know, diamond grading is done at x10 magnification. Even a flawless graded stone will have flaws at higher magnification, so you are not really ever getting a stone that is totally ''perfect''.

You can easily drop to a VS2 and be quite sure that you will never see a speck unless you happen to like to stick your diamond under a microscope at regular intervals.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 6:42:28 AM

Tiny chip that you put into it would knock the value of an IF stone on its a$$ more efficiently than money in the bank.

I would do as Lorelei suggests and hook up with one of the Infinity dealers in Europe. With airfare as cheap as it is, you could buy 10 round trip tickets to the city of your choice and still have money left over by buying a VS2/SI1 stone.

ozma

Rough_Rock
Trade
thanks for advice guys, i understand but still have more points towards this option. Also i want de vatche ring and it only comes from US and due to time shortage i have to order all in one place. But the most important is that my fiance actually insists on getting the clearest stone possible so i really cant refuse him
26.gif

And yes, i am going to look at "my precious" under the microscop every single day
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results