shape
carat
color
clarity

SEPTUM PIERCING TOO BIG???

Kayaismint

Rough_Rock
Well I'm an old bat, but I like the style of septum piercing in your last photo, the open design, better than the style in the first photo, so I'm glad it worked out for you. Did you ever think of combining that with a little diamond stud in the nostril, rather than the ring? I think those are so pretty.

I’ve just bought some new studs for my nostril, I’ve got so used to having a ring in there that I feel a bit lost with it haha. But I’m going to buy some fancy looking septum jewellery when mine heals and try them out with a simple stud :)
I much prefer the horseshoe in my septum now compared to the hoop, I’ve never been a fan of the horseshoe shape jewellery though but now I have one in I do really enjoy it :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For historical background on the septum piercing, it was and has been done in India for hundreds of years. It's nothing new. Same with nostril piercing. Both have become mainstream now. I don't have a septum piercing. Blowing your nose works the same way for everyone though. Piercings don't affect it.

While I'm an oldy, I had a nostril piercing in my teens, so of course nothing new. Back in those days though, not something you did in Middle America, and my mother was soooooooo mad. That didn't exactly last long! I also had a few ear piercings again, in that day was not the norm.

Back in the 80's I had the cartalige pierced on my left ear. That hurt! Still open to this day (I sometimes wear small gold ball earrings up there) And admittedly the pain of piercing is what I remember most, and likely the reason I will never get more.

All that is to say I'm not anti piercing, just that some I don't understand, you know? And I don't understand nipple or hood piercing either. I don't think its wrong to say you don't understand something, as long as you're open to learning.

At any rate the horseshoe looks to be a better choice.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fall into the 'way to old to understand this' category. I once double pierced my ears and after two days took the piercing out because I looked in the mirror and thought, 'that is just not me.' Not a single tattoo either.

The ring with the single diamond is pretty! Good luck with all of it!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if I were young, let us say in the 18-30 age range, I'd definitely have several ear piercings, because I love earrings, and it is so boring to wear just one pair, and change it.

Arkteia, go for at least one or two additional ear piercings! what do you think???
I got a tragus piercing in my late 60’s; Just a tiny diamond stud, so it’s not super flashy, but I love it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arkteia, go for at least one or two additional ear piercings! what do you think???
I got a tragus piercing in my late 60’s; Just a tiny diamond stud, so it’s not super flashy, but I love it.
Arkteia get at least second holes Nike (just do it)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another location to sport diamonds!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have double ear piercings which I love. The second hole is always my diamond studs. In the end I was too chicken to do a belly button piercing, but I seriously considered it back in the day. I saw some beautiful nose jewelry a few months ago at a dance show. My son's girlfriend does classical Indian dancing and apparently nose rings are part of the outfit.

But tattoos have never had any appeal for me, probably because they're not jewelry lol.

@Kayaismint Dont forget to post photos if you get some of those blingy nose rings!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember coming home one day. Someone in Russian community did not understand his kid going out with the girl of another culture, and someone said, at least she is a girl, and someone said, at least she does not drink and goes to church...so I was listening to the stories of parents poisoning kids’ lives on and on...and on coming home, i was full. I said to my 14-year old son, “if you want to date a girl of any culture, any race, any religion, it is fine...and if you fall for a boy, it’s OK, too...and if you want to have a Mohawk, have it now, because you will be bald by the age of 40, and if you want to have a piercing, have it now, too, because it will look strange later”.

So I poured out all this mix, and as I was talking, my kid’s eyes were getting wider and wider...and then he said, “mom, what bit you? I am not planning to date yet, and I hate Mohawks...but since you are so open-minded, how about a tattoo? You know, this Russian Empire symbol, the double-headed eagle”.

Silence. (They did not discuss tattoos in that group. They discussed things I was already mentally totally fine with.) So I had to joke it off.

Bottom line: I am totally fine with any body art that can be removed. But tattoo is like painting, it is real art. And about art, tastes differ. How many times did I see the owner of the new tattoo showing it proudly, and people around looking in a puzzled way. So I would probably never be able to choose anything that would look really cool to me.

(If I were to choose a tattoo, I like white lacy ones, but they say, such tattoos fade.)

P.S. Just remembered post-mastectomy tattoos covering the scars. I am wrong about tattoos as well, they have a role in our lives.

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re killing me here I’ve wanted a septum piercing for some time and my husband says I’m “not allowed to”

Now to that I say “IM AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN” but in the same breath I will leave him if he shaves his beard so I get it.

I like them to really hug the septum as small as possible. So I am glad you went and got a smaller bell

To the people who don’t underand septum piercings- do you fundamentally not understand piercings at all. Do you have your ears pierced or is that some wacky crazy idea you don’t underand.
If you do have your ears pierced- why do you have them pierced. Chances are you like the way it looks and the pain of getting them pierced was worth it becuase you like they way it looks.
Do you wear lipstick? Why? It’s not natural. It’s onviously something you’re just doing to draw attention to your face! Or, maybe, you like the way you look with it. Sure you might take it off at home, or it might make it a little harder to drink but you feel pretty so you wear it.

I don’t get why everyone has to put each other down.

We wear rings. We wear bracelets and earrings. Some people wear toe rings. Acrylic nails. Piercings fall into the same category - body art. We all do it. As long as it can be removed/replaced, it is fine. I have more problems with something that can not be removed, but again, there is an issue of body autonomy, so we probably should not judge anyone. Her/his body.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Giving me flashbacks to my 20s... nice way to "get to know" a delicious person is to talk about what you have going on under your clothing and have a few rounds of I'll show you mine if you show me yours:whistle:. (Tats and piercings not body parts... yet) Followed by can I touch it? Did it hurt when you got it?

I don't know what tricks I have up my sleeves now bahahaa. From when I met my husband to us getting married we slowly shed our piercings... something would get removed and then we'd never get around to putting something in again and it'd close up...

idk with my penchant for ankle length plaid flannel Lanz of Salzburg nighties, maybe I can suggestively ask if they'd be interested in checking to see if the crazy cat lady has any of her 4 cats hiding under it?:confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results