shape
carat
color
clarity

SEPTUM PIERCING TOO BIG???

Kayaismint

Rough_Rock
I got my septum pierced today after months of debating wether to do it or not, I finally bit the bullet and did it.
Loved it for the first hour, but now when I look at it all I can think of is how BIG it is and how much it clashes with my nostril ring.
I’m not sure what to do, I would just remove my septum piercing but I am not sure how to do it as it is a hoop, not a horseshoe shape type of thing.
Any advice on what to do please !!!!!
I love my nose ring so taking that out isn’t an option. Should I wait a few weeks and then go to a piercing shop and ask if they can change it for me? Help :(
image.jpg
image.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring must have a gap in it somewhere - if it was a closed circle it would not be possible to fit it in the first place.

Kayaismint

Rough_Rock
The ring must have a gap in it somewhere - if it was a closed circle it would not be possible to fit it in the first place.

There is a gap type of thing, still not a clue how to open it though.

37177793-EDFC-4F62-93C9-AD066388653F.jpeg

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be a captive bead ring but with a section of metal rather than a ball. If you want to take it out, get some circlip pliers. Rotate it til the small section of metal is below your nose, put the pliers into the ring carefully and open them til it slips out. You could get a short bar bell put in while it heals if you're not sure you want to keep the piercing or just let it heal over.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe one or both of the balls on the ring screw off and then you can slip the un-balled end through the piercing?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go back to the piercing shop now and change to a horseshoe in the same gauge

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please go directly to your piercer. Do not try to fix this yourself. You may give yourself an infection and create trauma in the area. Post in LegitPiercing on Reddit if you want. They will tell you the same thing.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd agree with not trying to remove it yourself just yet. In the meantime, I'd put a stud in your nose ring until you decide what to do.

Q

Queenie60

Question??? How do you blow your nose if you get a cold or allergies? I don't understand? Pardon my ignorance but I don't see the point in this piercing. Hope it works out for you.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question??? How do you blow your nose if you get a cold or allergies? I don't understand? Pardon my ignorance but I don't see the point in this piercing. Hope it works out for you.
crackup.gif
You and I are too old to understand...:oops:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should (as suggested) go back to the piercer. Since you want to keep the nose hoop, I'm not sure I see the purpose of this one. But I'm also old so....:lol: Do go with a smaller one if they allow you. You MIGHT have to wait until the piercing heals though, so don't be too surprised if they tell you that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm another oldie but goodie weighing in here...don't do it yourself please....go back to the piercer and get a smaller one if you can or yes just a stud while you are figuring it out. Good luck.

And yes to echo @Queenie60 I have wondered about the blowing your nose (especially if you have allergies or are sick) and such when you have piercings in the nose. If you don't mind sharing how does that work?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For historical background on the septum piercing, it was and has been done in India for hundreds of years. It's nothing new. Same with nostril piercing. Both have become mainstream now. I don't have a septum piercing. Blowing your nose works the same way for everyone though. Piercings don't affect it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, and can you pee with a Prince Albert, how does that work? LOL. Ok I’m just being facetious. I remember when my SIL had to take out her nipple rings because she was pregnant and wanted to breastfeed. I was thinking, does milk come out of the piercings, how does that work? Having breastfed a baby myself since then it might have helped the supply flow a little better. Haha.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a septum piercing for about 8 years. Once it’s healed, it just gets pushed to one side when you blow your nose. I didn’t wear a ring in mine, I had a small bar instead that effectively tucked into my nose. I ended up removing it when I had a bad run of colds and hay fever and my nose was just raw so it was sore all the time.
Also if you’re careful and practice good aseptic technique, you can remove and change your own piercing jewellery. If it’s especially sore or you don’t feel confident, by all means go back to the piercer but it’s not going to create any lasting trauma to the already pierced hole if you change the ring for something else unless you do something silly and try to put a thicker gauge in that what it was pierced with. That’ll have an effect as will using something sharp rough or dirty. But if you’re sensible, careful and clean, it should be fine

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m under 40, and still not understand...

How is that helpful? No one cares what your opinion on septum piercings is. If you have something to contribute, do so. If not, maybe keep your nasty comments to yourself.

OP, the smaller horseshoe is so much better and I'm glad you're happy. I think your piercings are adorable.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a favourite saying from another forum
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
I posted something similar on a thread about tattoos. Most of those people DGAF what people think, but everyone still offers up their opinion on someone elses body :rolleyes:

Glad you found a solution OP! I like the horseshoe a lot!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a favourite saying from another forum
"I'm not here to decorate your world"
I posted something similar on a thread about tattoos. Most of those people DGAF what people think, but everyone still offers up their opinion on someone elses body :rolleyes:

Glad you found a solution OP! I like the horseshoe a lot!

I am not too old to know that acronym!! Yay!:lol-2:

OP--new nasal jewels look better. Glad it worked out!

cheers--Sharon

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm an old bat, but I like the style of septum piercing in your last photo, the open design, better than the style in the first photo, so I'm glad it worked out for you. Did you ever think of combining that with a little diamond stud in the nostril, rather than the ring? I think those are so pretty.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doberman, I like the little diamond studs, too! There is something so unexpected and subtle when you catch just a glimpse of sparkle and have to look twice. I think they’re sexy!

OP I’m glad you got the horseshoe—it’s not competing as much with your nose ring. Looks great!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re killing me here I’ve wanted a septum piercing for some time and my husband says I’m “not allowed to”

Now to that I say “IM AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN” but in the same breath I will leave him if he shaves his beard so I get it.

I like them to really hug the septum as small as possible. So I am glad you went and got a smaller bell

To the people who don’t underand septum piercings- do you fundamentally not understand piercings at all. Do you have your ears pierced or is that some wacky crazy idea you don’t underand.
If you do have your ears pierced- why do you have them pierced. Chances are you like the way it looks and the pain of getting them pierced was worth it becuase you like they way it looks.
Do you wear lipstick? Why? It’s not natural. It’s onviously something you’re just doing to draw attention to your face! Or, maybe, you like the way you look with it. Sure you might take it off at home, or it might make it a little harder to drink but you feel pretty so you wear it.

I don’t get why everyone has to put each other down.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to pierce more stuff on my body, but I have had terrible experiences in the past with allergic reactions and very slow healing, so I’m wary of doing anything with my face (I’d totally do a nose ring/stud.) I LOVE the puncture studs (I think that’s what they’re called?) I saw the most beautiful ones on the hips of a very athletic 20-something young woman a few years back while we were on a mutual friend’s boat and they were so cool. I can’t pull them off but I sure can appreciate their aesthetic on others.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, and can you pee with a Prince Albert, how does that work? LOL. Ok I’m just being facetious. I remember when my SIL had to take out her nipple rings because she was pregnant and wanted to breastfeed. I was thinking, does milk come out of the piercings, how does that work? Having breastfed a baby myself since then it might have helped the supply flow a little better. Haha.
When you have a Prince Albert and wear a hoop there, you have to be careful not to pee too hard bc the pee could loop around the hoop and shoot back at you.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if I were young, let us say in the 18-30 age range, I'd definitely have several ear piercings, because I love earrings, and it is so boring to wear just one pair, and change it. I don't know about the nose piercing because I have a short nose, not sure it would be my style, but something like a navel ring with a nice green stone, a demantoid, I'd wear...if I were young.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you have a Prince Albert and wear a hoop there, you have to be careful not to pee too hard bc the pee could loop around the hoop and shoot back at you.
:) :) :)

But I respect the usefulness of vogue. You first design a diamond-studded hoop for one's Prince Albert, and then you experiment with the form that would offer pee protection! And this is how a new industry starts.

Kayaismint

Rough_Rock
You’re killing me here I’ve wanted a septum piercing for some time and my husband says I’m “not allowed to”

Now to that I say “IM AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN” but in the same breath I will leave him if he shaves his beard so I get it.

I like them to really hug the septum as small as possible. So I am glad you went and got a smaller bell

To the people who don’t underand septum piercings- do you fundamentally not understand piercings at all. Do you have your ears pierced or is that some wacky crazy idea you don’t underand.
If you do have your ears pierced- why do you have them pierced. Chances are you like the way it looks and the pain of getting them pierced was worth it becuase you like they way it looks.
Do you wear lipstick? Why? It’s not natural. It’s onviously something you’re just doing to draw attention to your face! Or, maybe, you like the way you look with it. Sure you might take it off at home, or it might make it a little harder to drink but you feel pretty so you wear it.

I don’t get why everyone has to put each other down.

SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results