shape
carat
color
clarity

Send diamond out to be set???? Your thoughts please:-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a gorgeous stone from Whiteflash and a setting from Solomon Brothers. Solomon Brothers said they would set it for free since I bought a beautiful setting. I don't live out in Atlanta and I am nervous about sending the diamond to them to set. Has anyone done that before????? They seem like a very good company. I guess I am just watching too much 20/20.
If anyone has any thoughts I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t deal with Solomon Bros, but they seem like a reputable company. My FI had to send my diamond around the country to be set...first to Pearlman''s in MI, then to Bondanza in NYC, then finally back to him in FL. It all turned out fine, though we were nervous at first. I understand your concern, but it''s a very common thing. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What made you feel confident you got the same stone you bought set. I guess I am just paraniod!!!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
You need to know your diamond so you can identify it. Unless you have an IF clarity, there should be an inclusion or two that you can seek out to ensure it is your diamond. Buy a loupe and know how to use it. Diamond switching is very rare but I always like to know my diamond is my own.

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
It you have all the details for your stone, I would do a very thorough background check on the company, such as how long they have been in business, are there any Better Business Bureau reports against them? etc.
I share the same paranoia, if it feels wrong in your gut for some reason, Dont do it!
Good luck and let us know how it goes?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
As far as insuring the stone while shipping, USPS registered insured is the way to go. It''s slow, but inexpensive and very safe.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the diamond. I checked BBB and they are clean. They have been in business in Atlanta since 1983. I sent them the diamond and insured it. Thank you for your help!!! You guys are great. I will post pics of the complete ring.

diamond150377151.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the setting from Solomon Brothers and I love it!!!
36.gif
12.gif

setting65806.JPG

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL picture of your stone Skip! May I ask how you took that picture, and with what equipment? Thanks

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2006 4:53:00 PM
Author: Skippy123
Here is the diamond. I checked BBB and they are clean. They have been in business in Atlanta since 1983. I sent them the diamond and insured it. Thank you for your help!!! You guys are great. I will post pics of the complete ring.
WHOA!!!!! What a picture!!! Can you post some more specs please. This picture is going to be my desktop image for a while, the colors in it are amazing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
yippee thanks! I tried to use my digital camera but it wouldn''t zoom for some reason. I used a scanner with a white cloth behind it. The diamond I sent out to be set but when it comes back I will post pictures. I can''t wait. hee heee!

Here is the info on the diamond from WF. Carat Weight: 1.50 Color: G Clarity: VS2 Depth%: 62.2 Table %: 57 Symmetry: VG Polish: VG Girdle: TN-STK Culet: N Fluorescence: N Measurements: 7.29x7.34x4.55 Cut Grade: Ideal
62.2% depth, 57% table, 35° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle

Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.7 - Excellent
within TIC range

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another one with a piece of lint i noticed aftwards.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oops. here it is.

diamond150377152.jpg

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and gorgeous pic of it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you, thanks you. I love your ring Cinderella!!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennie what is SMTR????

yippee thanks! I tried to use my digital camera but it wouldn''t zoom for some reason. I used a scanner with a white cloth behind it. The diamond I sent out to be set but when it comes back I will post pictures. I can''t wait. hee heee!
Here is the info on the diamond from WF. Carat Weight: 1.50 Color: G Clarity: VS2 Depth%: 62.2 Table %: 57 Symmetry: VG Polish: VG Girdle: TN-STK Culet: N Fluorescence: N Measurements: 7.29x7.34x4.55 Cut Grade: Ideal
62.2% depth, 57% table, 35° crown angle, 40.8° pavilion angle
Factor Grade
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.7 - Excellent
within TIC range

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you tell I am NOT COMPUTER SAVVY
6.gif
. Sorry.

4themrs

Rough_Rock
did it work out the way that you wanted it too? Also when you are talking about insuring the diamond, doesnt places such as UPS etc, have certain maximums that they will insure up to?

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
skippy, your scans are just AMAZING!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

plus that stone is not too shabby...
2.gif

i can''t wait to see the finished ring. it''ll be a beauty for sure!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy-

Gorgeous stone and setting! That will be some ring.:) I wanted to add that I got my stone and setting from Solomon Bros a few months ago, and they were wonderful to deal with-very professional and quick! (and I don''t live in Atlanta, either) I think there was someone in the SMTR forum who also had a ring done there recently and was pleased. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results