shape
carat
color
clarity

Semi Custom Vatche Venus Setting?

petiteloachie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I recently came across Vatche's Venus setting and really loved the simplicity and delicacy of the ring. The only adjustment I wanted to make was to rotate the orientation of the prongs to NSEW. When I contacted Whiteflash they said that unfortunately it would not be possible and I didn't press them further.

Does anyone know why this may not be done? I do have a diamond already and am only looking for a setting, could this influence things? At James Allen they said that they would not modify settings unless the center stone was purchased from them.

I have been struggling to find a yellow gold NSEW setting in a size 3.5 I have liked as much as the Vatche Venus. Do you guys think it would be worth making custom? Any suggestion on vendors? Other NSEW settings?

Would love any and all advice!

TLDR: Whiteflash is unable to modify the Vatche Venus to NSEW. Heartbroken. Can you help me figure our why, an alternative, or suggest vendors to make it custom? (<- would that be crazy?)

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/vatche-venus-solitaire-engagement-ring-4659.htm

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the best solution is to have the ring custom made. It probably will cost less than Vatche anyway. Caysie van Bebber or David Klass could do that for you. Vendors like Vatche and Ritani have a setting line and generally sell the models of rings they offer without major alterations. You usually use a custom ringmaker when you want something different.

(I see that the ring is not very expensive even from Vatche, but that is partly because it has a very thin shank. But that is an easy ring to have someone make with the head orientation you want.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That setting is too thin and frankly doesn't look that great in person. I would advise you to stick to a 1.8mm shank for daily wear. That IS delicate.

petiteloachie

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your replies. When thinking about creating a custom ring, what would be the thinnest a shank should be without compromising it's structural integrity?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think 2 mm is quite thin but structurally sound.

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
Aww...I have this setting for my 1.05 AVR and I like it. I love the side view. :) Had it for almost two years now and it's looking great still. But, sounds like it's not for you since you can't change the prongs.

stonehunterne

Rough_Rock
girlguineapig|1469998242|4061123 said:
Aww...I have this setting for my 1.05 AVR and I like it. I love the side view. :) Had it for almost two years now and it's looking great still. But, sounds like it's not for you since you can't change the prongs.

I saw your ring's picture, very nice one :love:
I love the side view of this setting too. Somehow I feel it passes more lights, even WF people told me it is quite same with Legato Sleek.
But the band width is a little too thin on my finger. May I know your finger size?
WF could do semi-customization for me, to increase the band width of it.
I am thinking if I should increase the width of it or get another setting, such as Vatche Caroline. I personally don't like Legato Sleek after I saw the actual setting.

girlguineapig

Shiny_Rock
Somehow never replied to this. You've probably already decided on your ring by now, but my size 4.25.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results