shape
carat
color
clarity

semi-custom setting ideas to go with U-prong eternity band

danfitz36

Rough_Rock
i have some illustrator capability so i put this together earlier. i've found a center stone, so now i'm working on the engagement setting and the wedding band.

ring_0.jpg

i'd like to make a setting to go along with something like this whiteflash wedding band (i'm looking for total carat weight around 1.5 not 2.1, and the inside needs to be smooth for an inscription) ring size is 6.

Screen%20shot%202011-05-06%20at%2012.33.01%20PM.png

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-bands/annettes-u-prong-eternity-diamond-wedding-band-578.htm

i'm pretty set on the band, not exactly sure how the prongs will work out, but i like the V style (not sure what it's actually called). besides whiteflash (i've already asked for a quote from them) can you recommend other companies/designers who could make this happen without breaking the bank?

if anyone has any great ideas for the actual setting, or even suggestions for how i should fix my diagram, that would be great as well. i'm not sure how the prongs should meet the ring or how high the diamond should be set. the diagram is to scale right now, so if you tell me the prongs should be 1.5mm higher or thicker, i can do that exactly.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: semi-custom setting ideas to go with U-prong eternity ba

BGD can also execute such a design very well.

I would not go too much further trying to make your mock up. The designer will work with you to help make one is CAD that meets the requirements of structural integrity, something that a lay person cannot really incorporate into a design.

danfitz36

Rough_Rock

thanks, i just contacted them, any other recommendations?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

danfitz36|1304703912|2914083 said:
thanks, i just contacted them, any other recommendations?

Do you want CAD or hand made? The price is obviously very different.

Engagement rings direct does very nice custom work, though I am not 100% sure they will set an outside sourced stone. But worth a try. Also, Jewels by Erica Grace do wonderful custom work.

My go-tos are WF and BGD for CAD work, though, especially if you have a design already decided upon.

danfitz36

Rough_Rock

well i'd love to get it hand made, but i'm under the impression that a CAD ring will save a significant amount of money and i'm looking to save as much as possible right now. this is already a pretty big stretch of my budget.

after requesting a quote from BGD i learned that Brian was a co-founder of WF, i had no idea (maybe i just haven't lurked on this forum enough yet). Anyway, rough estimates are upwards of $4k for the two rings, which isn't a huge surprise, but it might be a while before i make this upgrade.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results