shape
carat
color
clarity

semi bezel settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jupiters_gal

Rough_Rock
i know with bezel or semi bezel it really comes down to liking that look, but what are some opinions on semis? are they a lot more secure? im not a big fan of full bezel but i think with semis you get the best of both worlds. whaddya think?

gemexplorer

Rough_Rock
There are no rights or wrongs in using prong set or bezel. But as from my personal experience both as a Jeweler and with more of an European upbringing. The Bezel set gives a bit more of the "freedom" to move versus the prong set. Prongs can be problematic as always. But make sure the bezel and semi-bezel -- often, there is also the "cheat" bezel set like channel set that can look like a bezelset.

It is all about the personal aesthetics and personal experience. Many are still buying diamonds and designs based on their parents taste - but some called tradition !!!!!

twirl.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I looove semi-bezels. I like bezels too, actually, but I think semi-bezels are indeed a wonderful meld of styles. They're modern, yet not ultra-modern, and though clean and sleek, the semi gives it a decorative touch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results