shape
carat
color
clarity

Sellling My Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondJill

Rough_Rock
I am curious as what is the best way to sell or exchange a quality diamond??? My Diamond is a princess cut. It's has a GIA Cert. The measurements are Weight 1.53 Cts. Color E, Clarity VS1, Depth 74.4, Table 69, Polish Very Good, and Symmetry Good, measurements are 6.8 X 8.13 X 4.56. I am looking for a quality round diamond.

Thanks for your help

DiamondJill

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi DiamondJill,

There are a few ways to sell your diamond for a decent return.

My personal favorites, are advertizing in your local news
paper. You may even give your diamond ring to a jeweller
for consignment if they accept it. Many auction houses will also try to sell your diamond for a segment of the profits.

These are just to name a few.

On the other hand you do not want to sell your diamond at a pawn shop, or any such establishments. Quite often, this will result in a fleecing...

Kirk
www.diamondoptics.com

diamond1

Rough_Rock
I am considering selling mine online (e.g. ebay). I am hesitant because I have never sold anything online before.
Best of luck to you

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
Selling a "previously owned" diamond is very hard to do. But I have found eBay to be the best place to do so. (I buy many diamonds there, and I also sell them there as well). As far as advertising, you open yourself to a huge marketplace, and for price, you will definitely get more for your ring there than any jeweler would offer to pay you for it. (Just my belief!) :))

coachjeanmary

Rough_Rock
Hi diamondJill, I just found this site and was wondering if you did sell your diamond on ebay. Any advice for me?

Thanks,
coachjeanmary
confused.gif

slgbug1

Rough_Rock
Probably a dumb question---but, what is a fleecing?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fleecing is what it's called when a shepard collects the wool from his sheep. The shepard gets some valuable wool from the process when the sheep did most of the work. The sheep? All he gets out of the deal is a haircut.

Kirk was suggesting that if you go to a pawn shop, what you'll get is a haircut when what you really wanted was the money for the wool.

Neil Beaty GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results