shape
carat
color
clarity

selling engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChristineC

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have a question for the group about trying to sell back an engagement ring. My fiance bought me a solitaire Cartier ring 3 years ago but made the mistake of never asking me what type of setting i preferred. The ring is a brilliant cut 0.6 carat (F, VVS1). Unfortunately, though, i have never loved the ring, especially now that more of my friends are getting engaged/married and i''ve seen other settings i prefer (and almost everyone has at least 1 carat). My fiance and i went to the woman from Cartier who sold him the ring today, but she said that Cartier does not have an upgrade or return policy at the moment, so we can''t even get the money back for another ring. I don''t know where to begin to sell the ring back where we won''t get completely ripped off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
christine

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Try signedpieces.com or pearlmansjewelers.com

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi and Welcome to Pricescope.

I'd call and get quotes from www.signedpieces.com and Pearlmans Jewelers. Both sell high end secondhand jewelry and are very reputable. you can read info on consigning/selling on both their websites.

ETA: ha, i'm slow tonight..ditto fab..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Fab and MrsS. They are your best bets. Good luck.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''ll see on Signed Pieces that items like that sell at a significant discount, so you probably would not get more than about half the amount originally paid. I think it is very odd that Cartier has no upgrade policy since Tiffany does. Good luck, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results