shape
carat
color
clarity

selling e ring stone possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

timeflies

Rough_Rock
I read this forum many time when learning about diamonds last fall. Was very helpful. Made the diamond purchase and gave the ring. Times have changed and I have to come on here to ask this question...

I am seeking advice on how to sell a used engagement ring. It is 8 months old and was bought from a reputable online dealer most people on here know of. Its a really nice princess cut stone with a simple white gold band so all the money is in the stone. Also it has the GIA cert and was confirmed by Dave Atlas Co. who also did the laser mark of the GIA #.

Any thoughts on how to sell this and how much to ask relative to what I paid.

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Steve

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI sorry things did not work out...

I recommend checking with dealer you purchased from to see what there upgrade/return/trade-in policy is....you may do better going through them...

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
They say that the trick is to get hooked up with the buying public. I think I might try consignment as my first option at what you paid as asking $$, but I'm just guessing.

Good luck![/u]

RoughRider

Rough_Rock
Hi Steve,

If you type in "how sell" under the search option, there is a lot of info.

I found one thread, "Selling a Diamond" by Leonid, that was pretty informative (first posted 8/11/2000). There are some more recent ones as well.

Sorry to hear about your news ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results