shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling Consumer Jewelry - House Party method

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am curious by something I read recently. Has anyone heard of "House Party" type jewelry sales? Any thoughts on the concept?

Disclaimer: Many of you know that I operate a side business. I have never divulged what it was on Pricescope - and have not targeted Pricescope as a business building tool (and do not intend to - and this post is not intended to get me customers from the pricescope community). I will admit that since I have been here that I have been contacted by two people through though the PM process that lead to inquiries - of which nothing developed.

However, out of the hundreds of "lines" avaialble to me - one of them is a jewelry line. I have even handed out a few cataloges over the years to the kind of people who appreaciate that.

What struck me recently was seeing a listing for a stock number that shipped 1 Ea of the entire catalog ($$$$) to someone interested in "house type" jewelry parties. That is a concept I had never thought of or heard of. Most of the items are priced less than $40 (a few higher).

Has anyone else heard of it? What do you think of the potential? Not sure I am the right match for it; but am intriqued. Also, I figured that the folks here on pricescope could give me a good skinny on how they would respond to the concept - if it were available (tupperware sure has done well with the concept).

Perry

ps: One of the other lines available is Hanes (Hanes, Bali, Playtex, Barely There, Wonderbra,jms, Champion; Leggs); and after seeing the catalogs Hanes sends me periodically - I can definitelly say that just like the adds say: "Men prefer Hanes."
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have. There are a few that get used often on the Row. Mostly Big Sister/ Little siter gifts get bought of things to wear for specific events. I went when I had to but never saw anything I liked, and in general it was not my scene. I do think If I was about 10-14 years old this could be a really fun birthday or slumber party idea.

For me part of the fun of jewelry when I buy myself is taking time to find the perfect idea and the what is needed to make it happen. The hunt makes it better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results