shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling an engagement ring ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stevelada

Rough_Rock
After I bought it I found out that she my girlfriend does not like it. She likes a three stone with trapezoids on the side. So now I''m in a search. But mean while I going to put this setting on EBAY. If anybody is interested please email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Picture 002.jpg

stevelada

Rough_Rock
It's set with four straight baguettes cut diamond .33tw, F-G color, VS1-2(loupe clean). And I'm selling it bellow $1,000. If anybody is interested please email me for more pics or anything else.

Best regards.

stevelada

Rough_Rock
Should I try to sell it on ebay or somewhere else.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps you should tell us what weight the center-stone can have.

stevelada

Rough_Rock
Its head can fit .75-1.25 I will bellow $1,000. I can provide with more pics if needed.

stevelada

Rough_Rock
I will sell below $1,000. Thats what I meant in the previous message. I can bring the ring back to the store but the store can only give me credit. And I need cash to buy another setting.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
Is it platinum, 14k or 18k gold?
Size of ring?

1000$US is way overpriced if its gold.

Such a setting in WG should go at max 500$ (new).

Trichrome.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
It's set with four straight baguettes cut diamond .33tw, F-G color, VS1-2

Don't forget the baguettes, Trichrome !

stevelada

Rough_Rock
It's PLATINUM
Size is loose 6.25
Price is $900

I personally paid $1,150 two weeks ago. The reason I'm seling cheaper is because I need cash fast.
If anybody have other questions, my email is [email protected]

I will be back on the net in few hours. so if I don't answer right away please check later.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still sounds pricey at $1000. Even if you paid $1100, do not expect to get close to what you paid, people want to feel like they are getting a real deal when they buy from someone they don't know and are expected to plunk down $1k or similar on a level of trust. If you paid $1100 then someone can just go to the store to get it for $1100. You'd have to sell it for something like $600 to really whet interest IMO.

I would try your hand on eBay but you will get much less than $1000 thats for sure plus I bet you'll have to re-list it as higher priced items don't always sell the first time around. I would trade it in at the store since that may be the best way to get a good value out of it. Reselling stones and/or settings is always more difficult than one would expect at the price one wants.

Best of luck!!

stevelada

Rough_Rock
I don't agree with Mara. I paid alot less of what it's worth. It sells on the web close to $2,000. I got it this cheap because it was a guy that I new. But his owner does not want to give me cash back.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
$250 savings really isn't that much--not for anyone willing to plunk down over $1000 for a setting. I'd aim for about half that amount for eBay but even then someone may not bite.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Steve, I'm afraid you're learning the hard way that jewelry is a lousy investment. It's easy to buy but very hard to sell for anything close to its market value if you're not in the trade. Even ebay tends to bring out the bottom-feeders, and when they realize you're a private party re-selling a ring, they're going to smell a real bargain and low-ball it. About the only thing you can do is start high and keep re-listing it lower until you get some nibbles. Good luck.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's an unfortunate situation...however I don't think you'll get $900 for it unless you get really lucky and find a buyer externally somehow. You can keep trying as LG suggested but if you are in a hurry as you mention, you may just want to take the trade and chalk it up to a lesson learned. People do get funny about spending $900 with someone they don't know over the internet...and eBay definitely is a bargain hunters paradise.

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
The baguettes won't make a big differnce.

30pts of VSG diamonds will go for around 450$US max
plus 350$ max for the plat ring..

that's a total of 800$US ... that's what I will call a reasonable
price for such a setting..

However your's is not new... If you sell it for 25-50% of this price,
you'll be more than lucky.

Follow Mara's advice...trade it in.

Trichrome.

stevelada

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advises

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results