shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling advice....consignment? Who is NB?

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
Hi, fellow PSers! Can anyone with personal experience tell me what they know about consigning with GOG or JBG? I've looked into their websites and understand the basics, but would appreciate personal anecdotes about the level of attention you got, communication with the vendor, duration of sale, and how easy it was to get paid. I had thought about loupetroop too but this is probably not a sale most people would do privately.

Also, the name Neil Beaty has come up in my searches. I understand he is an appraiser, but does he offer escrow service? Any info would be helpful.

What I'm selling is my beloved ACA. :( It's about 1.5 ct high color. My husband thinks I'm crazy to do this after how happy I've been with it, but moving onto home ownership is more important right now.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loupetroop and then use someone like Neil as an intermediary or if that is too difficult Grace's fees used to always be cheaper on consignment than GOG, but GOG has more people looking for modern cuts in general than Grace does. I'd probably try Loupetroop first.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd definitely try LT first.

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions, arkieb1, soxfan, and vintagelover229! I would like LT to work out, if I can find out how Neil works as an escrow. Anyone with personal experience?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sold a ring to a fellow PSer using Loupetroop. The buyer had me mail the ring to Neil. He appraised it for her. Then she sent me the money, and Neil sent her the ring. It was a seamless transaction.

malish985

Shiny_Rock
I sold a ring to a fellow PSer using Loupetroop. The buyer had me mail the ring to Neil. He appraised it for her. Then she sent me the money, and Neil sent her the ring. It was a seamless transaction.

Just wondering what kind of cost is associated with using someone like Neil? Thanks

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m pretty easy to find. :bigsmile:

In general, for this sort of transaction there’s an appraisal involved (on behalf of the buyer), some shipping/insurance fees, and an escrow fee for handling the money. That’s about it. If you and the buyer want to do the money yourself it’s just an appraisal and shipping/insurance. It's not so unusual for the buyer to want some additional services after the deal, like laser inscriptions, Gemprint, interacting with a 3rd party setter and so on, but none of those things have to do with the seller.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you decide to go the consignment route, I'd go with Erica at Love Affair Diamonds. Several folks (me included) have had some issues consigning with Grace at Jewels by Grace lately.

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
If you post on LT you can share the link here on preloved PS. It's the perfect time of year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results