shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling a ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My question in a nutshell is any advice on selling a ring. I have had an epic battle to get the ring I love made. The one I got was not even close and the jewelry severely ripped off my mother who won’t do anything except make me feel guilty. She works for a high-end jewelry store and this was the person they recommended. Not only did they screw it up, they were not competent to do the design and they majorly overcharged for both the wax (charged us to make two of them when they screwed up the first) and the gold in the ring. Because the designer is a close friend of the store owner, my mom won’t do anything
29.gif
. (I hate that this guy will rip off other people but mom is paying for the wedding so I have to keep my mouth shut). To get her off my back about the cost of a second ring from a GOOD jeweler, I need to sell this one. Other than ebay, are there good online places to sell? Any advice?

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I would try Craig's List. I've seen some nice pieces on their and I have heard that you can generally get a better price. Otherwise consigmnent but you are "paying" a percentage of the price to the store you consign it with.

Good luck.

ETA - what the heck happened to make my post look like this??
32.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, bih. Maybe Pearlman''s Jewelers might be able to assist with selling this ring?

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
I dont know all the details but Signed Pieces also has a second hand sale section. Might be worth checking out.

good luck
D2B

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''d call Bill at Pearlman''s and discuss with him and send him email photos and see if he''ll do a trade in.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear of your troubles, BIH! What are your thoughts these several days later (after your initial post)?

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Craigslist always works well for me

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The new jeweler got it right! I looked in 5 countries for something similiar to the one I liked and then the custom mess just made me want to cry when it turns out I could get the ring I want from a guy who lives three blocks from where I grew up, go figure.
Anyway, my new jeweler said he will ask some locals who might be interested in the old ring and if not I will craig''s list it. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results