shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling a Lucida Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dave305

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have any advice on selling a 3.5ct Lucida Diamond from Tiffany and Co.? It is in a Platimun setting...

DB

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you're not allowed to sell it here...but may I ask y u r selling it? Sorry- I'm nosey. Do you have all of the original paperwork for it. What year was it purchased.

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
While there is a market for some Tiffany products, the brand name diamonds do not have a very good resale. The fancy store work on a high margin and you son't get the margin back. Once you sell it you will be in the "wholesale" (overused term) market. If you tell us what city you are in most of us know someone there that is a good market for it. Ebay is a little sensitive on Tiffany products right now since they are being sued by Tiffany. If you have access to the rap sheet, many jewelers or appraisers can tell you the price, about 40% below rap is where I see that brand goind in the resale market. Hope that helps.

Dave305

Rough_Rock
40% below Rap seems extremely low considering that the original purchase price was over 50% above Rap. Even on a resale market only someone trying to "steal" the diamond would get it for that price...

My understanding is that signed pieces like these go for a premium on the secondhand market because dealers generally can't get them.

I looked all over the net and could not find one single diamond like this one anywhere. My question was more about where a good outlet for this ring would be rather than price...

Dave

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I might contact "signed pieces"...I know they are an ebay seller but they have an actual store I believe in NYC. They are reputable as far as I've heard. That might be your best best or consignment with a very trustworthy vendor.

sparkler29

Shiny_Rock
I second what MMM mentioned - contact Signed Pieces in New York. Their website is signedpieces.com.

Good luck!

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
Dave305,
I checked with a large buyer of that type item this morning. He just bought a huge amount of Scott Kay pieces from a Nieman Marcus buyout, and also buys Tiffany items. He pays premiums on jewelry that is more exclusive, the Lucida, not, because it is not enough different for most consumers to pay the premium. He quoted 38% back of Rap if he liked it. 40% back if he was so so. If there is a place to get more for it in NY, great. I just don't see it from the 20 dealers here that would be players for it. One place offers consignment at 30% reduced from Tiffany list, store gets 25% and customer gets balance. Sometimes a very slow sell as they like to sell their own items for more than the 25%.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/9/2004 11:35:41 AM yowahking wrote:

Dave305,

I checked with a large buyer of that type item this morning. He just bought a huge amount of Scott Kay pieces from a Nieman Marcus buyout, and also buys Tiffany items. He pays premiums on jewelry that is more exclusive, the Lucida, not, because it is not enough different for most consumers to pay the premium. He quoted 38% back of Rap if he liked it. 40% back if he was so so. If there is a place to get more for it in NY, great. I just don't see it from the 20 dealers here that would be players for it. One place offers consignment at 30% reduced from Tiffany list, store gets 25% and customer gets balance. Sometimes a very slow sell as they like to sell their own items for more than the 25%.
----------------

So that begs the question is 75% of 70% of Tiffany list more or less than 40 back
1.gif

H

hlpkaixin3344

If there was all the right Tiffany paperwork I think I could get at least 20 back for it on Ebay.

I sold a $13500 ring there recently which worked out quite well

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results