shape
carat
color
clarity

Selling a diamond so I can upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mojodog

Rough_Rock
If I was interested in upgrading my wife's EGL-certified engagement diamond, are there any good and reputable places for me to contact?Hers:
1.00 carat round
SI-1, "D"
6.67 x 6.59 x 3.80 mm
Depth: 57.4%
Table width: 62%
Crown height: 11%
Pavilion Depth: 43%
Girdle: medium, faceted
polish: very good
symmetry: good
culet: none
graining: nil
flourescence: very slight blueI know, I know...someone would have to examine the actual stone, but I am just curious for a ballpark trade-in estimate or the name/e-mail of someone who could give me that.Thanks so much.
(Everyone is so helpful on this message board, kudos to everyone!)Regards,
mojodog

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your diamond is worth for a quick cash sale somewhere in the $3300 to $4000 range. If you do not show the dealer your stone or even hint you might trade something in before you find what you'd like and know the best price, then you show the dealer your trade-in and see if you can do as well as or better than the quick cash price range I gave you. It probably won't be much different, but if you perform the process in the wrong manner, you will never end up with the right deal.It works just about the same with getting the right price on a car trade-in.------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

mojodog

Rough_Rock
Thanks.
Again, everyone here is very helpful!

s5461.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Mojodog - Any time!
smile.gif
Oldminer, thank you! I would never thought of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results