shape
carat
color
clarity

Sell Tiffany Victoria and Buy Studs?

dnfd

Rough_Rock
I'm on a bit of a spree of culling jewelry from "luxury" houses, selling at a decent price, and replacing with less recognizable and simpler pieces from trusted local jewelers (with money to spare). For example, I sold a Bvlgari rose gold Viper bracelet that I rarely wore (too busy I realized) and bought a plain rose gold diamond bangle TCW 1 ct. I'm now wondering whether I should sell my Tiffany Mini Victoria earrings (image below) to fund a decent pair of regular diamond studs. The Victoria are lovely but perhaps a bit too busy and flashy for my casual lifestyle. Any advice? Thanks, folks! Discovering this forum has been an absolute joy:)

Victoria.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My advice would always be, if you don't wear them, sell them and buy something you will wear. Letting them sit in a jewelry box is a waste. However, I really don't think they are busy or flashy for a casual lifestyle. But that's my opinion. Do you ever wear them?

dnfd

Rough_Rock
My advice would always be, if you don't wear them, sell them and buy something you will wear. Letting them sit in a jewelry box is a waste. However, I really don't think they are busy or flashy for a casual lifestyle. But that's my opinion. Do you ever wear them?

Thank you! I certainly agree with revoking things not worn. I’ve had them 6 months and have worn them maybe 5 times. I’ll make a concerted effort to reach for them and see how they pair with my lifestyle. I appreciate the vote of confidence!

michkal

Rough_Rock
I have those earrings in rose gold and don’t find them to be flashy at all! The mini size is petite and sparkly. I rotate them all the time with my regular studs or sometimes wear them in the second hole with the studs in the first. You’ll lose money selling them, and they’re so pretty! I find my studs to be flashier, but they’re significantly larger.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think they’re flashier than diamond studs. I have the medium mixed cluster Victoria earrings and I love them for daily wear.

dnfd

Rough_Rock
I have those earrings in rose gold and don’t find them to be flashy at all! The mini size is petite and sparkly. I rotate them all the time with my regular studs or sometimes wear them in the second hole with the studs in the first. You’ll lose money selling them, and they’re so pretty! I find my studs to be flashier, but they’re significantly larger.

Thank you for the encouragement! They really are striking. Decisions, decisions!

dnfd

Rough_Rock
I don’t think they’re flashier than diamond studs. I have the medium mixed cluster Victoria earrings and I love them for daily wear.

Thank you! I’m making a point of wearing them as often as possible now.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I have the medium Victoria necklace and I literally only take it off to clean it. So count me with those who find the Victoria "solitaire" designs to be classic, daily wear items.

dnfd

Rough_Rock
I have the medium Victoria necklace and I literally only take it off to clean it. So count me with those who find the Victoria "solitaire" designs to be classic, daily wear items.

Thank you for the input! I will try to wear them every day this week:)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the diamond market as uncertain as it is right now… Selling branded goods, especially from high-end luxury houses, to buy unbranded pieces is honestly the absolute last thing I would recommend!! Your branded pieces have value - you’ll never be able to re-buy those for whatever you got them originally. And they’ll only increase in resale value in future, possibly quite dramatically. Any unbranded staples you sell & swap for - goodness knows what tomorrow might bring!

dnfd

Rough_Rock
With the diamond market as uncertain as it is right now… Selling branded goods, especially from high-end luxury houses, to buy unbranded pieces is honestly the absolute last thing I would recommend!! Your branded pieces have value - you’ll never be able to re-buy those for whatever you got them originally. And they’ll only increase in resale value in future, possibly quite dramatically. Any unbranded staples you sell & swap for - goodness knows what tomorrow might bring!

Yikes! I hadn't thought about how diamonds are up and down. I did think about not being able to resell the unbranded pieces for nearly the same price as I have been able to resell my branded pieces, which does concern me. Thank you for the sound advice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results