shape
carat
color
clarity

Sell Me A Royal Asscher!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
I had NO IDEA it would be so difficult to get my hands on one of these suckers!!!
Found the stone I wanted on the Royal Asscher website & was in my price range, but its gone!
sad.gif

Am looking for a G VS 1 - 1.25 ct Royal Asscher.
Anyone????

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The two I know of that carry Royal Asschers are www.diamondbrokersoffl.com and www.mednikow.com. Both should treat you well.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
Hest88-
Thanks for the help. Had contacted DBOF but didnt know about mednikow.com.
Maybe you (or anyone else) can answer another question for me?

Are all generic Asscher cuts equal? I am aware of differences in table, depth, etc... But my question has to do with general shape and number of facets (sp?).

The "asschers" I have seen look more like squares w/ the corner "chipped" off. Comparing this to what Royal Asscher posts on their website is clearly more of an octagon shape.
Is the problem that I seen some not-so-good knock off asscher cuts or is this pretty typical?
AND
is the octagon shape typical of royal asscher?? or do these stones sometimes look more square and less octagon?

Thank you thank you!!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I've haven't seen a lot of asschers, but I *have* seen in person both Royal Asschers and a couple of so-called asschers, as well as quite a few photos of so-called asschers. There is no way I could ever mistake a Royal Asscher for a generic. The deep pool effect and all those "layers" of octagons are unmistakable. Over the last few years they've gotten better at cutting generic asschers--so they look less like square emeralds--but I still think you can't beat the real thing.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
please help!
1.gif

hmmmmm....
so as it turns out the only Royal Asscher I can afford is G 1 ct Vs2. Which is fine, but can you really appreciate the awesome effect an asscher has in such a small size? (It would be something like 5.5mm x 5.5mm). I drew it on a piece of paper and it looks pretty small. Or should I maybe start looking at generic asschers? It is my understanding that the patent has expired on what is referred to as “antique asscher” cut, so this would mean that jewelers are free to duplicate the cut, right? So far all of the “generic asschers” I have seen don’t look very much like antique asschers. Why is this? Am I looking in the wrong places? If anyone can post a pic of a generic asscher that looks good that would be great!!!!
thank you!!!

Asscherbee

Rough_Rock
How much, may I ask, were you quoted for this Royal Asscher. It seems like such a mystery!
twirl.gif

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
sure. for a G VS2...The actual ct. im not sure... 1.01 or 1.1 something but would be $9200 from a "local jeweler" (they are 4 hrs away & is like pulling teeth to try to get them to get any asschers in for us to take a look at. on line quoted me a little less but i think we would go with the local. Of course the real challenge is getting the stone. Although this stone was listed on the Royal Asscher website they dont actually have it in stock. In fact they dont have anything under 3 ct. or something insane. This is why i am now trying to educate myself on "non-royal asschers".!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results