shape
carat
color
clarity

Self Soothing in Times of Trump

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My natural defense is denial ("wake me up when he is gone"). But I am trying to work at myself and use better defense mechanisms ;-). They don't come naturally, but I try.
So:

1) Humor - read Borowitz's satire
2) Altruism - try to help victims of natural disasters because no one will help us
3) Rationalization - reminding to myself that "Pence would have been worse"
4) Sublimation - I started making pearl bracelets. I started after the election, buying pearls piece by piece. So far they are not great and Trump costs me a lot, but by in three more years I think I shall learn.
5) Distraction - bought a kitty. She purrs each time she sees a human, any human. Lovely.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the kitten in avitar your new baby? This kitten us adorable?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG too funny @House Cat

I need to quit watching the news. Trump tweeted again today basically calling Myesha Johnson a liar. How can anyone defend this piece of trash?
It is a low beyond lows. I saw a meme that addresses this subject, but I feel it goes below the belt. It sort of puts trump in the “he knew what he signed up for” position...ugh!

I feel that truly desperate times call for truly desperate measures of soothing. Voodoo dolls. There are a variety of voodoo dolls on the market. We have your standard trump voodoo doll. I feel it will fulfill all of a person’s voodoo needs. Note the pin in the belly. It will also stand up to punching, kicking, and when needed, grabbing by the feet and slamming it’s head on the table. I’m not sure if it is flame retardant. 273E3817-9D76-4C37-9FFF-8FEBD56DA251.jpeg

Next, there is the “knitted by grandma trump voodoo doll.”
Well, ok, grandma’s love is this object to counterbalance the evil that is Trump, but do you see that cat’s face? She’s saying, “It burns!!! Get that creepy thing off of me!” I wouldn’t recommend bringing that thing in your house unless you are some sort of lower level witch E4BB11D2-FDB5-4D80-A493-2D5557032157.jpeg

This next doll was surely designed by the tiki torch carrying neo-nazis, and I will tell you how I know. It’s posing as a trump voodoo doll, but it is just cute enough to make you feel bad for hurting this colluding, selfish, lying, narcissist jerk!! This is a tool that will condition you into feeling bad for Trump. Guard your soul!! Don’t buy it!! 10AE8303-FDA2-48A3-AAF5-708435B39289.jpeg

Just to be on the safe side, I suggest you make your own voodoo doll. You can make the head out of a dried orange, although, I’ve been struggling with how one would construct the body because I am not crafty. In the end, if you are truly in a pinch, I found this... It’s simple and to the point, and smashing the crap out of it is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world! The only drawback might be that you may never look at Cheetos the same again. 5627C174-6859-4C7A-9451-D57795362363.jpeg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, that last one is my favorite, although, those needles are far too good for that cheeto (nice to see it's the puffed one though - more true-to-life). Use plain old (preferably rusty) straight pins for better voodoo action, I'm thinking.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a low beyond lows. I saw a meme that addresses this subject, but I feel it goes below the belt. It sort of puts trump in the “he knew what he signed up for” position...ugh!

I feel that truly desperate times call for truly desperate measures of soothing. Voodoo dolls. There are a variety of voodoo dolls on the market. We have your standard trump voodoo doll. I feel it will fulfill all of a person’s voodoo needs. Note the pin in the belly. It will also stand up to punching, kicking, and when needed, grabbing by the feet and slamming it’s head on the table. I’m not sure if it is flame retardant. 273E3817-9D76-4C37-9FFF-8FEBD56DA251.jpeg

Next, there is the “knitted by grandma trump voodoo doll.”
Well, ok, grandma’s love is this object to counterbalance the evil that is Trump, but do you see that cat’s face? She’s saying, “It burns!!! Get that creepy thing off of me!” I wouldn’t recommend bringing that thing in your house unless you are some sort of lower level witch E4BB11D2-FDB5-4D80-A493-2D5557032157.jpeg

This next doll was surely designed by the tiki torch carrying neo-nazis, and I will tell you how I know. It’s posing as a trump voodoo doll, but it is just cute enough to make you feel bad for hurting this colluding, selfish, lying, narcissist jerk!! This is a tool that will condition you into feeling bad for Trump. Guard your soul!! Don’t buy it!! 10AE8303-FDA2-48A3-AAF5-708435B39289.jpeg

Just to be on the safe side, I suggest you make your own voodoo doll. You can make the head out of a dried orange, although, I’ve been struggling with how one would construct the body because I am not crafty. In the end, if you are truly in a pinch, I found this... It’s simple and to the point, and smashing the crap out of it is one of the most satisfying feelings in the world! The only drawback might be that you may never look at Cheetos the same again. 5627C174-6859-4C7A-9451-D57795362363.jpeg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the kitten in avitar your new baby? This kitten us adorable?

Thank you! Yes, the same kitty. Great personality and an opera voice. Very playful. We named her Charlotte, or rather, Charlotta (in mother tongue).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia , Charlotta is one of the cutest kittens I have ever seen! That little face of hers could brighten any day! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!!! I'm happy for you.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake, thank you! She looks lovely, and get personality is very sweet. We all love her.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Btw, sorry for all mistakes. I use swype, and sometimes the word comes out wrong and i don't catch it ("get"="her").

E B

Ideal_Rock
I hope this is okay to put here. I had to laugh at how ridiculously pathetic it is, which is a kind of self-soothing, right? This is a note sent to NYMag in 1992- NOT from Donald Trump, of course, but from his secretary, who had to talk about how amazing her boss (NOT the writer of the note, obviously) is when it comes to women.

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 9.08.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 9.08.14 AM.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 1

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope this is okay to put here. I had to laugh at how ridiculously pathetic it is, which is a kind of self-soothing, right? This is a note sent to NYMag in 1992- NOT from Donald Trump, of course, but from his secretary, who had to talk about how amazing her boss (NOT the writer of the note, obviously) is when it comes to women.

Ye gods. :rolleyes:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOL when I read this @E-B. Of course Trump wrote this. What an a$$!

No question in my mind why other countries have a much lower opinion of us as a country with this jerk in charge.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh my god LOL, @E B that is hilarious, thank you for posting! There isn't enough money printed all around the globe that would make me find Trump attractive in any sense. I've never met someone so unbearably full of themselves. He must have a very, very teeny weeny pecker. The overcompensation drips off of him like sweat. I can smell it all the way in NJ.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my god LOL, @E B that is hilarious, thank you for posting! There isn't enough money printed all around the globe that would make me find Trump attractive in any sense. I've never met someone so unbearably full of themselves. He must have a very, very teeny weeny pecker. The overcompensation drips off of him like sweat. I can smell it all the way in NJ.

You've met your President? And he offended you in this way? Please explain because I don't understand.

In light of scores of women who've come forward to reveal that they've been sexually harassed in Hollywood--this comment is disingenuous at best. Disgusting actually.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually stopped paying for cable and gave my tv away over the summer. I am done with most major news networks like HuffPo, Fox, CNN. I listen to NPR a lot more now and get most of my political breakdown from podcasts and sites which operate in and around D.C. I'm still disgusted by Trump and his groupies, but not seeing his glowing puckered rotting pumpkin mug during breakfast in the mornings is a welcome relief.

My mantra is "facts matter, words matter." Just because you say something is true doesn't mean it is. I have cut a lot of liars out of my life in the past year and have no regrets at all. Those who wish to live in denial :whistle: can have fun. The rest of us will be fine.

I have a more lax attitude towards spending lately as well. Not in anything reckless, but I don't agonize over smaller purchases these days. $32 bottle of Philosophy bubble bath? Yup, need it, want it. We all may be blasted sky high soon, and I'll be wishing I just bought the damn bubble bath.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You've met your President? And he offended you in this way? Please explain because I don't understand.

I have not personally met him. Yes he's said plenty to offend me and plenty of other people. I do not need to meet him to be offended by what he's said recently and in the past. He's shown himself to be to be pompous and narcissistic.

In light of scores of women who've come forward to reveal that they've been sexually harassed in Hollywood--this comment is disingenuous at best. Disgusting actually.

What I said was said in jest. I apologize if it was offensive. I never meant to cause anyone who's been through any kind of harassment or assault any kind of offense. It never even crossed my mind as that's not at all how I meant it. That being said, I stand by the sentiment behind my statement. I should have probably said it in a less crass manner but I figured of the president of the US can say what he wants exactly how he thinks it, I could get away with the same. Either way, sorry again.

Reactions: t-c

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not personally met him. Yes he's said plenty to offend me and plenty of other people. I do not need to meet him to be offended by what he's said recently and in the past. He's shown himself to be to be pompous and narcissistic.

What I said was said in jest. I apologize if it was offensive. I never meant to cause anyone who's been through any kind of harassment or assault any kind of offense. It never even crossed my mind as that's not at all how I meant it. That being said, I stand by the sentiment behind my statement. I should have probably said it in a less crass manner but I figured of the president of the US can say what he wants exactly how he thinks it, I could get away with the same. Either way, sorry again.

Don't apologize too hard ABKIS. We have a "President" who has literally said every possible offensive thing towards women multiple times over. The faux outrage when women throw it right back in his face is funny.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There is a great support system on PS for what can only be considered the ends justify the means (type) argument. Your apologies are hollow/completely insincere. You made disgusting comments. Disgusting. :knockout: Uncalled for. But that's right, no support here for thoughts outside of yours.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a great support system on PS for what can only be considered the ends justify the means (type) argument. Your apologies are hollow/completely insincere. You made disgusting comments. Disgusting. :knockout: Uncalled for. But that's right, no support here for thoughts outside of yours.
Unless you are a left winger on PS otherwise you will be labeled as a bigot. The two conservatives Jo Co and AnnaH wouldn't dare to post here anymore.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't apologize too hard ABKIS. We have a "President" who has literally said every possible offensive thing towards women multiple times over. The faux outrage when women throw it right back in his face is funny.

This. A million times. He is disgusting and should be the face of "overcompensating". He's a pig, and brags about assaulting women, but somehow when we make fun of him it's "disgusting"????

F that.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This. A million times. He is disgusting and should be the face of "overcompensating". He's a pig, and brags about assaulting women, but somehow when we make fun of him it's "disgusting"????

F that.
Sadly for the Dems name calling doesn't do any good to kick him out of office.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
85F6052C-E4AF-4314-8FD5-1382AA6B0763.jpeg
New T-shirt Idea! Thank you @Elliot86! I will have these printed for the kids for Christmas. I think it will go well with their Christmas pajamas!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 12-year-old son asked: "Did Donald Trump do things to women like Harvey Weinstein?" and I realized I had to say yes (!!) Surreal. Said 12-year-old then asked when the next pussyhat women's march would be, because he wants to be there.

In response to the original question - Sometimes the only way I can cope is by turning off CNN. Sometimes the ridiculousness coming out of the White House is more than I can take.

Anne

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Contrary to what one may think given my prior post in this thread, this was not me. I swear! But I like it. =)2

Virginia cyclist gives President Trump's motorcade the one-finger salute
Max Knoblauch,Mashable 1 hour 0 minutes ago
dda5f825c9a184410e5533e22f7d99b7

A cyclist flipped off the president's motorcade multiple times as it passed her on Saturday in Virginia, departing the Trump National Golf Club.

The odds that President Trump will make a statement claiming the middle finger is a sign of great respect have shifted to about 2-to-1.

The White House pool report on Saturday afternoon made note of the bicyclist's gesture to Trump.

"POTUS’s motorcade departed the Trump National Golf Club at 3.12pm, passing two pedestrians, one of whom gave a thumbs down sign. Then it overtook a female cyclist, wearing a white top and cycling helmet, who responded by giving the middle finger. The motorcade had to slow and the cyclist caught up, still offering the finger, before turning off in a different direction. Motorcade is now gathering speed and heading for DC."

Meanwhile, Trump's approval rating has dropped to the lowest since he's taken office in multiple polls, including one conducted by Fox News. The president, however, has routinely dismissed approval ratings as fake news.

Get another look at the cyclist flipping off the president, folks: a rare opportunity to witness fake news in the flesh.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/virginia-cyclist-gives-president-trump-141710685.html

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I'd be too afraid that he would do something ridiculous, like stop the motorcade and have me arrested! :-o

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, I'd be too afraid that he would do something ridiculous, like stop the motorcade and have me arrested! :-o
Actually I would worry more about how childish I looked flipping off the motorcade and it being the subject of a "news" article. But that's just me. :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I would worry more about how childish I looked flipping off the motorcade and it being the subject of a news article. But that's just me. :D

The bar for what is "childish" has been set at a new low by this President and administration, so comparatively speaking, I don't think you, or anyone else, would have anything to worry about! In fact, looking at the photo, healthy, strong and confident come to mind in describing the cyclist, not childish at all (but I get your meaning).

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I self-soothed by buying a large amount of new cat toys -- all with squeekers -- which have made my boys very happy and me very twitch from all squeeeeeeeeeeks.:wacko:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata, post photos, please. My cat loves collapsible pink tent with a toy mouse hanging off the top. She can attack the mouse for hours.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata, post photos, please.
My cats are big so I have to buy dog toys and multiples of the same toys so they don't fight over them. So far, I've given them the brown squeeky mouse and blue squeeky chew toy. Atticus has been gnawing the blue squeeky for a half-hour as you can see from the amount of cat spit on one end :sick: I had to lock myself in the laundry room go get the first pic, 4 cats banging on the door and howling for the rest of the toys :mrgreen2:
IMG_20171029_120407.jpg chewy.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results