shape
carat
color
clarity

Selecting engagement stone, seeking opinions on this diamond that’s 30% off currently

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
So I’ve been on the hunt for months now for an HPHT has grown diamond and I came across this one on with clarity currently 30% off originally priced at 4200. It’s down to 3000. Just looking for opinions if this is a solid purchase, thank you so much.

Igi certificate

Diamond listing

viewpdf.php

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will get better response if you post in the lab sub forum. Good luck!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So I’ve been on the hunt for months now for an HPHT has grown diamond and I came across this one on with clarity currently 30% off originally priced at 4200. It’s down to 3000. Just looking for opinions if this is a solid purchase, thank you so much.

viewpdf.php

Hello and welcome to PriceScope, kpm1028!
I'll request that a moderator move your thread to the LGD subforum.
The attachment isn't showing (the php file)...can you save/convert it to a JPG and attach it again?
...or give us a grading report number that we can look up (place the diamond on hold/reserve first).

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
The attachment isn't showing (the php file)...can you save/convert it to a JPG and attach it again?
...or give us a grading report number that we can look up (place the diamond on hold/reserve first).

Thank you I really appreciate that!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@DejaWiz is an excellent forum member and very knowledgeable about diamonds - earth mined and lab. You will be in good hands with his assistance!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

kpm1028

Rough_Rock

Are the new links working for you? Ty
-Kevin

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Are the new links working for you? Ty
-Kevin

Yes, and here's a link to the video:

The crown angle is a touch steep, but it may be fine since the pavilion depth is rounded to a slightly shallower 42.5%...it would lean towards more fire with the 40.6/35.9/54 combo - and that taller 16.5% crown height is pretty awesome.

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
Yes, and here's a link to the video:

The crown angle is a touch steep, but it may be fine since the pavilion depth is rounded to a slightly shallower 42.5%...it would lean towards more fire with the 40.6/35.9/54 combo - and that taller 16.5% crown height is pretty awesome.

Wow thanks so much for the 360 link and the thoughtful comments on the diamond the tall crown called out as well to me

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks so much for the 360 link and the thoughtful comments on the diamond the tall crown called out as well to me

You're very welcome.
Kim N, lovedogs, and anyone else: does this diamond appear to have slightly hazy LGD material?

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for all your input. I have attached the link for one more of interest if anyone cares to comment on which one they like more and or the +\- of the two. Thanks again so much!
Igi certificate

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all your input. I have attached the link for one more of interest if anyone cares to comment on which one they like more and or the +\- of the two. Thanks again so much!
Igi certificate

Since this is for a ring, I really prefer pavilion angles of 40.6-40.9. The 40.3 pavilion angle may result in over-obstruction, and the arrows are somewhat crowding the table.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Igi certificate

Do you have a video of this one?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for all the helpful insight and comments I’m going with the original one. Will keep you updated when it arrives. Thanks again!:)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for all the helpful insight and comments I’m going with the original one. Will keep you updated when it arrives. Thanks again!:)

Before you pull the trigger in it, see if there's anything here that jump out at you. You don't have to buy from this site, but they usually have a pretty up to date listing for diamonds in the same virtual inventory feeds that most online retailers pull from.

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the link! Any chance I can get your opinion on this one as well? The setting will be 14 karat yellow gold, so I think I could be OK. Going down the color scale a little bit.

Igi cert

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
kpm1028 great choices - neither have blue nuance.

The 3.39 H at $665/ct looks great!
Video:

The 3.00 G at $652/ct would also be a great choice...really loving the fiery proportions, smaller table, and tall crown!
Video:

Between the two, I'd choose the 3.00 for my own affinity towards those kinds of proportions, but there would be a sacrifice in noticeable size/spread.

Which one are *you* leaning towards?

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
The 3.0 G is closer to the first one I intended to go with the higher crown% and angle along with the smaller table all were qualities I liked from the first one.

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
Do you see anything clarity wise between the G/vs1 and the H/vvs2 that call out to you either positve or negative?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Do you see anything clarity wise between the G/vs1 and the H/vvs2 that call out to you either positive or negative?

No concerns with clarity for either.
The H has the safer proportions out of the two, as the G might exhibit slightly more obstruction because of the slightly shallower pavilion angle.
Something to keep in mind as a possibility...but you can always return/refund/exchange if it does exhibit a touch of over-obstruction and you determine that it is bothersome.

kpm1028

Rough_Rock
After digging deeper into the ideal specs for the hearts and arrows I'm leaning towards the 3.39 H

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N HIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!
Not to hijack this thread but so glad to see you! We've all been missing you and sending all sorts of love :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results