shape
carat
color
clarity

Selecting a setting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

excalation

Rough_Rock
First time poster here--I''ve been lurking for months. I am currently looking for a ring setting to support her sparkly--is there a recommended amount to spend on the ring relative to the center diamond? For example, if I''m spending $5,000 on a diamond, should the ring also be ~$5k? I know this is more preferential than anything but I would like to know roughly what others spend relative to their diamonds.

Thanks!
1.gif

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There really isn''t a set rule / ratio as to how much the setting should cost in relationship to the diamond, it''s more a matter of what do you and your fiance like in terms of style.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on what kind of settnig you think your GF wants. Some girls like simple solitares but others like halos with lots of pave diamonds made
by master craftsman. My setting is platinum with 2 baguettes (.30 ctw) on either side and cost about 20% of what the stone cost. It is a
fairly plain setting and it was bought about 11 years ago.

In other words...there is no set amount you should spend on the setting versus how much you spent on the stone (thats unless your GF told
you it should be about the same amount as the diamond
3.gif
- then I believe whatever she said is correct
2.gif
).

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto, it really depends on what type of look she would like. Some women rather have a more ornate setting than a larger stone while others would prefer a simple solitaire and a larger stone. I would simply get the type of setting that she desires and not worry too much about the ratio of diamond/setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results