shape
carat
color
clarity

Selected the Stone for E Ring (!!), Bought the setting and band... went platinum...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wildhawker

Rough_Rock
Well, step one is officially underway!

I went to the jeweler after work and put 50% on the custom Kirk Kara Charlotte in size 5.5- thanks to the advice of some of you here (and I''m sure many who did not post), they were both ordered in platinum. She and I both feel that these hand-engraved rings are gorgeous (a modern take on vintage, to us), and I really think they compliment her and her personality beautifully. These rings, while they will not be a "total" surprise, are exciting for both of us... I think I''m having as much fun with this, or maybe more, than she is! Then again, it could be the whole "going to spent the rest of our lives together" thing that is stirring the excitement, but this process has been a blast!

I''ve selected the center stone, and will be arranging with GOG tomorrow morning for the coordination of appraiser, designer and the logistics related thereto. This 1.574ct. princess has the following specs:

Shape: Princess
Carat Weight: 1.574ct
LxW: 6.26 x 6.26
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Culet: None
Lab Report: AGS
In House: Yes
Table Percentage: 58.40%
Depth Percentage: 78.70%
Crown ∠: 32.60°
Pavilion ∠: 42.40°

Overall, I think this will be a very pretty ring, one she can be proud of. Although she has no idea of the stone, I hope she enjoys it as much as I would like to think she will.

I cannot express to you all how wonderful a site this is for the ignorant, such as myself. If it hadn''t been for Pricescope, I would be giving her an average princess (or worse!) in a trellis from BN... thank you so much for your help and advice. I will post some pictures when the ring and diamond come in, probably in 3 or 4 weeks. Once she says the big "Yes", I''ll get some hand shots as well.

Again, thanks so much, and I look forward to being around here over the years (there''s always a good reason to get her diamonds, right?).

kkcharlotte6685r.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicely done!!! Love this set. I just love how much fun you are having with this. That''s what it''s all about!! Can''t wait to see pics once it''s completed. And it''s also nice that you plan on sticking around. We do have fun here!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow... I''ve never seen that setting before... it''s very pretty! Post pics when you get it; it''s beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, guys like you just keep us hooked on here! It was a pleasure to watch you work on this project, and I think you made outstanding choices! Those rings are going to be outstanding! I''m glad you decided on platinum, as they will be heirlooms!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous set and I am sure that it will look beautiful on her hand...please remember us and post handshots!

wildhawker

Rough_Rock
Wow, I couldn''t have imagined the response this received already- there are so many wonderfully supportive and knowledgeable people here.

I attribute the fact that I''m enjoying the process to the wonderful woman it''s for; had it not been for the fact that I am blessed beyond words, I could see how this could be overwhelming and stressful. Again, thanks to all for helping to make, as it was put, the newest of my family''s heirlooms.

nolimits

Rough_Rock
Looks like you made some great choices. I am certain both you and the bride-to-be will love them!

Also I might note I saw one of your earlier posts with the Kirk Kara set shown and liked it so much that I too have started looking at them. Not trying to be too nosy but I am curious what you were quoted for the platinum set? I spoke to a local vendor (only 1 is listed in the Kirk Kara website for where I live) today and the white gold set was $3,800. This seemed a bit steep to me, but perhaps not? And where did you end up purchasing the band from...GOG?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting!!! After seeing it last week I spent the whole weekend looking at sapphire rings online. I want I want I want!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
That set is stunning so elegant and classy and your post was really sweet :) it is so good to hear your having fun with the choices.

Congrats I can''t wait to see the finished shots :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did a superb job, congrats, and that will be one amazing Princess!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you did a fantastic job...gorgeous, gorgeous set and perfert stone....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unique wedding set. Great choice.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your (upcoming) engagement! I''m glad the process has been fun for both of you. As I posted in your other thread, I''m enthralled with that set, and in platinum it will be breathtaking. How do you plan to propose? Can''t wait to see handshots!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, WOW. Stunning. I''m speachless.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is my FAVORITE Kirk Kara setting! Congrats! You have great taste and look forward to seeing pictures.

wildhawker

Rough_Rock
A few images of the stone... I'll take some pictures once I get it shipped and set.

Just an aside, this is a 2 chevron princess- I didn't even see it until Jonathan told me today! Then again, I am the definition of newbie when it comes to this, but until it was mentioned, the quantity of facets wasn't even a consideration. I thought, for whatever reason, that "princess"/mod. sq. brilliant had a predefined cut pattern; well, shows you how much I know!

That being said, I'm excited about this diamond- this may help it to stand out a little more (add some character) and with the setting, be a truly unique engagement ring. I hope she likes it!

1574D1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh - how could she NOT adore such a fabulous diamond, well done!!!!

wildhawker

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 11:57:17 PM
Author: nolimits
Looks like you made some great choices. I am certain both you and the bride-to-be will love them!

Also I might note I saw one of your earlier posts with the Kirk Kara set shown and liked it so much that I too have started looking at them. Not trying to be too nosy but I am curious what you were quoted for the platinum set? I spoke to a local vendor (only 1 is listed in the Kirk Kara website for where I live) today and the white gold set was $3,800. This seemed a bit steep to me, but perhaps not? And where did you end up purchasing the band from...GOG?

Actually, I think that $3,800 (plus tax) was a commonly quoted number around here in California for the 18k white gold set. You can safely bet that the platinum set is about twice that of 18k white gold. Since I wanted to deal locally (for payment, pickups, setting, appraisals, etc.), I bought the set from a jeweler in Orange County, but there were a number of nice jewelers throughout the state (4 or 5 I think) which could have sold us the rings.

wildhawker

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/8/2008 10:00:01 AM
Author: Selkie
Congratulations on your (upcoming) engagement! I''m glad the process has been fun for both of you. As I posted in your other thread, I''m enthralled with that set, and in platinum it will be breathtaking. How do you plan to propose? Can''t wait to see handshots!

My plan (at this point) is to talk her coworkers into sneaking me into a room at her work- she is an ICU trauma nurse at a major hospital in Northern California- and having them call a "code" in that room, requesting her assistance... she walks into a room full of flowers, and me on one knee. I''m working on getting permission, and if all goes well, she''ll be wearing this e ring this February!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results