shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking thoughts and opinions

Hazelnut1

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I got engaged over the holiday and since then I've been lurking here and reading up on diamonds. We have gone shopping in person twice now just to look to see what's out there. I feel like I need internet validation before we finally pull the trigger.

The first store we went to I fell in love with a Gelin Abaci tension ring. When I looked at diamonds they brought out a beautiful D stone slightly over 1ct for $9900. I wasn't sure I needed a D stone and looked at a slightly larger G for a little less but they offered both the setting and the stone for the $9900. The stone is a beauty and it scores a 1.5 on the HCA. Anyone have any thoughts as to why I shouldn't pull the trigger? The GIA certificate is linked below.

https://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pa...&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2175459652

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have specs on the larger G?

Hazelnut1

Rough_Rock
ringo865|1455195418|3989693 said:
Do you have specs on the larger G?

Unfortunately I didn't get the specs for it so I'm really not comparing this to anything yet. I actually felt like the larger stones were almost too big! I have the above stone on hold so I do have the ability to keep looking and comparison shop.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opinion: I am not too thrilled with D color and medium fluorescence combo. I love fluorescence for fun and to hide any yellow tint. But if I am paying high premium for D color, I want its pure whiteness to shine, nothing else..

I read D color with fluorescence used to be desirable.
So this is highly subjective.

The stone has good potential. Need IS/ASET

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
flyingpig|1455203777|3989738 said:
Opinion: I am not too thrilled with D color and medium fluorescence combo. I love fluorescence for fun and to hide any yellow tint. But if I am paying high premium for D color, I want its pure whiteness to shine, nothing else..

I read D color with fluorescence used to be desirable.
So this is highly subjective.

The stone has good potential. Need IS/ASET

I have a D w sbf - love it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, me, too, I LOVE a D or any color with fluorescence! In fact, that is probably what is making the price be relatively decent. Price looks in line with what I see assuming the setting is around $2k. This is one of those lucky times that the jeweler actually had a nicely cut stone on hand! If this is the size stone you want, I say go for it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hazelnut1|1455194159|3989686 said:
Hi Everyone,

I got engaged over the holiday and since then I've been lurking here and reading up on diamonds. We have gone shopping in person twice now just to look to see what's out there. I feel like I need internet validation before we finally pull the trigger.

The first store we went to I fell in love with a Gelin Abaci tension ring. When I looked at diamonds they brought out a beautiful D stone slightly over 1ct for $9900. I wasn't sure I needed a D stone and looked at a slightly larger G for a little less but they offered both the setting and the stone for the $9900. The stone is a beauty and it scores a 1.5 on the HCA. Anyone have any thoughts as to why I shouldn't pull the trigger? The GIA certificate is linked below.

https://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pa...&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2175459652

Enough said! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results