shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Recommendations re: Custom Jewelers

rgraysonm

Rough_Rock
Hello, all. I'm currently serving overseas and trying to figure out the best way to go about having a custom engagement ring fabricated. This is my first time going down this road (looking at buying a ring, that is), and I'm trying to decide whether I should try to have a ring designed and fabricated here in the UK or find a jeweler in the States.

The rough design I'm considering right now is an emerald cut diamond (~1.5 carat) with proportional diamond baguettes to either side, with a yellow gold band in an Art Deco style (significant etching and milgraining). Any recommendations for State-side jewelers who are known to do good work and, if possible, have experience consulting with international customers? I haven't decided whether to procure the center stone myself or work through the designing jeweler to get it, so recommendations concerning the jeweler's reputation for being able to obtain quality stones at reasonable prices would be helpful, as well. Thanks in advance, much-appreciated.

(If this post would be more appropriate posted in another part of the forum, I'll gladly accept direction with respect to that, as well. Thanks.)

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your service! :wavey:

From what I've seen, you're more likely to get a response if you post questions like this in "Rocky Talky."

I haven't used any of the following, but jewelers I've read a lot about here because they're popular with PSers are: Victor Canera, Caysie van Bebber, Jewels by Grace, Good Old Gold in NYC, Love Affair Diamonds, and Julia B Jewelry. I believe all of those jewelers can source a stone for you as well, and I know international PSers have worked with them.

Good luck!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, all. I'm currently serving overseas and trying to figure out the best way to go about having a custom engagement ring fabricated. This is my first time going down this road (looking at buying a ring, that is), and I'm trying to decide whether I should try to have a ring designed and fabricated here in the UK or find a jeweler in the States.

The rough design I'm considering right now is an emerald cut diamond (~1.5 carat) with proportional diamond baguettes to either side, with a yellow gold band in an Art Deco style (significant etching and milgraining). Any recommendations for State-side jewelers who are known to do good work and, if possible, have experience consulting with international customers? I haven't decided whether to procure the center stone myself or work through the designing jeweler to get it, so recommendations concerning the jeweler's reputation for being able to obtain quality stones at reasonable prices would be helpful, as well. Thanks in advance, much-appreciated.

(If this post would be more appropriate posted in another part of the forum, I'll gladly accept direction with respect to that, as well. Thanks.)

Yes, repost in Rocky Talky. BTW, what is your budget? Do you have an inspiration ring?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results