shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Opinions, please. Which of these Ovals is the better performance?

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. They are on hold at James Allen.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both of these are marked "Unavailable" on the James Allen website, so I'm not sure if you purchased one (or both) already. Of the two, the 1.01 carat diamond has much better color. The light return on both isn't the greatest, but the 1.01 looks a little better than the 1.12 carat diamond in that category as well. Poor light return is shown by the "flat" appearing areas that look a little fuzzy, or areas that look like you can see through the diamond. Poor light return means that instead of having light reflecting back to your eyes, the light simply goes through the diamond and then out of the diamond at an angle that doesn't return back to your eyes. See-through or flat areas will not return light flashes or the sparkle you want to see in a diamond and are a function of how the diamond is cut. With colored diamonds, the cut is generally optimized for color first, then for light return. Although in most cases (sadly), size is prioritized over anything else because that insures the highest profits.

You may want to look at this diamond as an option, if the James Allen diamonds are unavailable because someone else purchased them. I think it's pretty and has nice light return. The vendor is well known on these forums and has a pretty good reputation. I have not personally purchased anything from this vendor, however.

Vivatwo

Rough_Rock
Both of these are marked "Unavailable" on the James Allen website, so I'm not sure if you purchased one (or both) already. Of the two, the 1.01 carat diamond has much better color. The light return on both isn't the greatest, but the 1.01 looks a little better than the 1.12 carat diamond in that category as well. Poor light return is shown by the "flat" appearing areas that look a little fuzzy, or areas that look like you can see through the diamond. Poor light return means that instead of having light reflecting back to your eyes, the light simply goes through the diamond and then out of the diamond at an angle that doesn't return back to your eyes. See-through or flat areas will not return light flashes or the sparkle you want to see in a diamond and are a function of how the diamond is cut. With colored diamonds, the cut is generally optimized for color first, then for light return. Although in most cases (sadly), size is prioritized over anything else because that insures the highest profits.

You may want to look at this diamond as an option, if the James Allen diamonds are unavailable because someone else purchased them. I think it's pretty and has nice light return. The vendor is well known on these forums and has a pretty good reputation. I have not personally purchased anything from this vendor, however.

Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate your insights.
Both stones are on a 48 hour hold for me at James Allen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results