shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking more advice please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pseudoname

Rough_Rock
Price: $970.00
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.445
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.7
Table: 55
Crown Angle: 34.9
Crown %: 15.7
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43.2
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.91-4.94X3.03

Any thoughts? The idealscope was showing minimal leakage and the HCA rates it a 1.5. It rates excellent on everything but spread which is a Very Good.

Seems like a much better diamond than the D-I2 @ 0.62ct that I had been looking at. I''m not sure how much ''smaller'' the .445 will look, but I know my girlfriend was interested in something small anyway and one of my lady friends I showed the 0.62 to said it was a little ''big'' for her so maybe it''s just as well.

As always, many thanks.

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
It's not the carat size that makes the diamond appear smaller, it's the face.

So if you have a 1.21 stone which is 6.70 x 6.7 and a 1.16 stone which is 6.84 x 6.84, which is 'bigger'? you decide.

For this round stone, look at the diameter in mm. This stone will be a nice stone, it is a small stone. The face of a 5.5 mm diamond is 25% bigger than a 4.91mm dimeter stone.

It's a whole lot cheaper and it's a good cut, but it will be noticeably smaller. The G SI2 that Phoenix suggested was only a few dollars more, like $70 more if I recall correctly and was larger.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Much better choice. This is a quality stone, which will have great life. The G/SI1 combo is much, much better than the D/I2 combo (with mediocre make) you were considering.

This diamond is smaller, but the brilliance of the stone will capture more attention than the D/SI2 ever would have.

It's a lot better price too, isn't it?

Pseudoname

Rough_Rock
I couldn't seem to find it last time I looked, lol. Thanks for the heads up. I do like that one also and I hadn't thought about the dimensions when considering size for some reason. I guess I had considered it slightly, in that a 1 ct diamond could be cut deep and the diameter wouldn't look as large, but I hadn't considered the difference between a .5ct and .6ct before. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results