shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Feedback on 2 Oval Stones and their prices

jdkdiamond

Rough_Rock
i've been shopping around and narrowed down to a couple diamonds. Any advice welcome. Just looking for feedback if anyone has any helpful knowledge from their purchases. I'm working with a wholesaler out of NYC

Diamond #1: -

1.7 Carat Oval Brilliant
Excellent/Very Good (Cut/Polish)
No Florescence
1.30 LW ratio
Color: F
Clarity VS1
Asking $16,500

Diamond #2: - Better color, slightly less clarity 0.9c smaller than #1
1.61 Carat Oval Brilliant
Excellent/Very Good (Cut/Polish)
No Florescence
1.33 LW ratio
Color: E
Clarity VS2
asking $13,000

Price difference is do to "hitting the 1.7" marker and being a VS1 for #1 is 3.5k. However #2 is next to perfect in color, just tad lower clarity (which can barely be seen even with magnification) But 3.5K difference between the two :-o Both are absolutely gorgeous. I want the 1.7, but dunno if 3.5k is a reasonable price hike.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's almost impossible to give feedback on fancy cuts (i.e. anything other than a round brilliant) without photos. Can you post those?

jdkdiamond

Rough_Rock
No sorry I did not take pictures. I can say they had excellent depths around 65% and polish and symmetry were both excellent. On the GIA cert there was almost no visible inclusions.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With everything being the same, I would not pay $3.5k to get 9 points. Both E/F will be white and
both should be eye-clean. Which one do you like the shape and faceting pattern on better?

jdkdiamond

Rough_Rock
Actually I recall the cheaper stone is directly from the manufacturer and the other is from another distributor, hence the big price difference so everyone makes a buck.

The 1.61 is a 4 facet pattern
The 1.70 is a 8 facet pattern

Honestly they are both amazing... maybe I like the 8 better. Sucks they won't budget on price.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1315860451|3015983 said:
With everything being the same, I would not pay $3.5k to get 9 points. Both E/F will be white and
both should be eye-clean. Which one do you like the shape and faceting pattern on better?

agreed. But an ASET would really help with determining light return/cut quality.

jdkdiamond

Rough_Rock
What about the ASET.

how much better is the 8 vs 4 facet?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results