shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Appraisal Advice for Antique Diamond Brooch and Ring

Caffrey

Rough_Rock
Hello PriceScope Community,

I'm new to the forum and excited to be here! I have two antique jewelry pieces that I'm looking to get appraised, specifically for their antique value. Both pieces have been previously appraised for their gem and metal content, but I'm interested in understanding their value as antique items.

1. Gold Brooch with Natural Old Cut Diamonds: This piece is from 1918 or earlier and features 15 natural old European cut diamonds with a total carat weight of approximately 2.84 ct.
  2. Ring with Natural Old Cut Diamonds: This ring is hallmarked from Russia between 1908-1917 and features 21 natural old cut diamonds with a total carat weight of approximately 1.08 ct.
I have attached quality analysis reports for both items, which provide detailed information on the weight, metal composition, and gemstone quality. However, these reports do not account for the historical and antique value, which I believe could significantly affect their worth.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations on where I can get a specialized appraisal that takes into account the age, historical significance, and any other factors that could influence their value.

Thank you in advance for your time and expertise!

Attachments

• 219_23_BTLX_Dot Holding OÜ_JEM.pdf
    607.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 221_23_BTLX_Dot Holding OÜ_JEM.pdf
    428.2 KB · Views: 3

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it’s the “historical or antique” aspect of the jewelry you’re primarily interested in, you might want to check with some of the larger auction houses. I believe we both Sotheby’s and Bonhams will give you an initial complimentary evaluation. Of course they’re mainly looking for items they might be interested in auctioning off. They may not give you a dollar estimate, but they will let you know if the pieces hold enough historical/antique value to seek out - and pay for - an appraiser who has this expertise.

And yes, we’d love to see pictures!

PearlyGates

Rough_Rock
Search "Antique jewelry appraisers in [your area]" and you'll find a list of them. Make sure they are part of a professional association or they may try to low ball you so you sell it to them, there are some crafty dealers out there. As for "antique historical value", unless these are marked by some famous jewelry house (Faberge for example) then the historical value doesnt play a huge part in the valuation, the TCW of the diamonds plays the biggest role and your valuation will show this. I see items like this all the time - you can look at Ebay and see lots of these type of diamond pieces.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results