shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking advice on diamond hoop earrings

SarasotaLady

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

This is the first time I'm posting a question on the forum. Not sure how to upload pictures, but I wanted to get my question out

I'm looking forward to having a pair of diamond hoop earrings for the first time. I'd like to be able to wear them in mostly casual settings, either by themselves or with gemstone drops, which don't exist yet ( I'm also going to post questions in Colored Stones)

After looking at Whiteflash, and several B+ M stores , I haven't hit on the right combo of stone size , setting, and length from top to bottom. Hope you can help
1. I'd like inside/outside style, with hoops about 1" from top to bottom . What size stones in that configuration would give the earrings some width -- most of the ones I've seen are so very thin from the front and don't look right on my "chubby" earlobes.

2. Shared prong settings -- 've been told that shared prong is better since it shows each stone clearly, but the setting just doesn't look right to me. I prefer a wash of sparkle .Most places only show shared prong. Any other suggestions?

3. What quality stones will get me really good sparkle but will stay w/in budget of ~ $3K.

4. What vendors should I check out for hoops .

Thanks so much for your help

SarasotaLady

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasotaLady

Rough_Rock
Thanks VRBeauty and tyty33,

I'll check in with IDJ. Does anyone have advice on what type of setting would be alternative to shared prong and pave. I''m looking for one inch or 1-1/4 " drop, with about carat and a half total. Want earring to have some width rather than length.

Regards,
SarasotaLady

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SarasotaLady

Rough_Rock
Hi tty333,

Thanks so much for the link. Those earrings look just like what I'm looking for-- good profile, diamonds up close to top, wash of sparkle. Will definitely check out the vendor and this earring. My comment on excess metal showing was based on a whiteflash hoop I had seen on their website. (I can't figure out how to upload images -- need to practice)

One other question if I may: I'm also considering a low profile bezel set or low profile simple jacket for studs to wear everyday. I' prefer the low profile or shallow rather than the typical cup-like setting for my chubby lobes.

With that type of setting, do you think the stones will look less sparkly?

Thanks so much for sharing with this newbie.

SarasotaLady

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results