shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking advice for Proposal Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarius

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,
1.gif

I''ve just started looking for a diamond for a proposal ring, and have been doing some reading on what to look out for.

I''ve settled on the following specs (listed in order of highest to lowest priority)
Cut: AGS Ideal (ieTriple 0) + Hearts and Arrows
Colour: D/E/F
Clarity: VVS1/VVS2
Carat: 0.5 - 0.6
No Fluorescence
Price range (excl setting): under 3k if possible (max 3.5k)

I did a preliminary search using Pricescope search engine and found one that met my specs. And I would really appreciate any advice and comments on the quality and flaws of this diamond!
9.gif

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5776/

Thanks in advance!

Sarius

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Sarius,

If you want a very high colour and clarity diamond with a top cut then this could be a fabulous choice, very nice indeed!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 5:58:14 AM
Author: Lorelei
Hi Sarius,

If you want a very high colour and clarity diamond with a top cut then this could be a fabulous choice, very nice indeed!!
Agreed.

If this color/clarity is what you prefer, that''s fine. You could easily lower things a bit though, and not see any difference, in case you were not aware of that.
28.gif

sarius

Rough_Rock
Hi Lorelei,

Thanks for your feedback!

Would love to hear why you think this is a fabulous choice
1.gif

I admit the colour, clarity and cut are attractive, but I would appreciate some comments on the photos and reports.

Personally, I find that not all the arrows are aligned with the shafts. And it looks like there''s leakage at the shafts and the hotspot areas, based on the ASET and DiamXray scans.

Please correct me if I''m wrong because I''ve just started learning about diamonds recently!
33.gif

sarius

Rough_Rock
Anybody else care to comment?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
This looks like a nice diamond. I know you have said that those specs are what you want to stick with clarity wise, but you can get more bang for your buck if you went down a bit in clarity. Of course, some people really do value the mind- clean stone idea... Size doesn''t matter to everyone. Just a thought. What setting are you thinking of?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous, I wouldn''t worry about the cut one bit. Ditto the others that you could easily go down in color/clarity and save a bunch or go larger if you wanted, without seeing a difference in appearance.

sarius

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions and advice!

Tuckins1,
was thinking of going for the classic tiffany style 6 prong setting. but i''m most open to other options as i would like it to be somewhat different and unique.

neatfreak,
stunning diamond indeed! exactly what i''m lookng for as seen through the idealscope. but the cloudy remark in the AGS lab report got me abit worried as to how it''ll affect the overall apearance. is it something obvious to the naked eye? will it reduce the brilliance, fire, etc?
kcousolle,
thanks for the input. i will definitely consider other cheaper alternatives as long as the cut is as good or better. might settle on f/g colour, and vs1/vs2 clarity if the right one comes along!

so it seems like everyone approves of the diamond from GOG. any comment on the pricing then?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results