shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking Advice for Choosing Spessartite Garnet

agenova

Rough_Rock
Hi there-

Orange is my favorite color and I have been looking at spessartites for a while. So many of the ones I see on your suggested vendor websites have already been sold, so I'm assuming that the good ones go quickly. It is depressing to see a stone that you like only to click on the link and find out that it has been sold! Stone dealers/cutters really need to move those stones to a "Sold" section so as not to disappoint potential customers like me!

I have it narrowed down to a selection of stones and was hoping to get some expert opinions on the options I have chosen. You will notice that there is a range of price points. I want to get the prettiest spessartite for the money that will look good set in a ring. I don't have a design yet but the shapes of the stones I'm looking at lend themselves to various options.

Options 1-4:

spess_0.png

spess_5.png

spess_6.png

spess_7.png

agenova

Rough_Rock
Options 5-8 :

spess_8.png

spess_9.png

spess_10.png

spess_11.png

agenova

Rough_Rock
Spessartite Option 9:

Other Beautiful Stones to Consider

spess_12.png

10_fire_opal.png

11_sapphire.png

12_citrine.png

agenova

Rough_Rock
Other Beautiful Stones to Consider:

13_citrine.png

14_zircon.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the ideal orange to you? Pure orange? A little bit of yellow? Something with a touch of red?
I caution that citrine will look a bit glassy or dull compared to a garnet.
I also noticed that some of your options are not eye clean. Clarity isn't an issue?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are considering multiple types of stones, I would guess that perhaps you have not seen many stones in hand? If that is the case, I would suggest that before you commit to a stone type based on the color online, that you go to see some in person - either in jewelry stores or better, at a gem show. Many places have frequent shows so I would google "gem show" for your area. I personally love spess - no other stone type will do it for me due to its color and the crystal (except maybe a clean, vivid, untreated orange sapphire and I'm not holding my breath for that). Good luck! :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results