shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking 2-2.5ct Oval, D-F, VS1+, L/W ratio 1.4-1.5, minimal to no bowtie

manhattan_mined

Rough_Rock
Trade
Please ignore the username - I set up this account entirely incorrectly in a rush.

I have a friend in med school out in Los Angeles who's looking for an oval LGD. I've done a ton of research on round diamonds, but I know only a bit about oval. I did recommend a few solid local jewelers (example: David Klass) but his schedule has been too insane to look into those options. In the meantime, I'm hunting on his behalf.

I understand that only a few proprietary cuts are going to be able to basically guarantee no bowtie, but can anyone recommend a few options around or below $1800 based on these specs?

Carats: 2.0 - 2.5ct
Color: D-F
Clarity: VS1+
L/W ratio 1.40 - 1.47
Table: 56% - 60% (flexible)
Depth: 60% - 63% (flexible)

minimal to no bowtie

HPHT is preferred, but he's totally fine with a quality CVD.

Any suggestions?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, manhattan_mined!
Jon (Rhino) at Distinctive Gem now has a new category for extremely price competitive LGDs, plus he will personally assess/vet each one.
Definitely worth contacting him.

manhattan_mined

Rough_Rock
Trade
@Kim N - I really like that option! I sent it to my friend for his feedback. What’s the price? And any spec info?

@DejaWiz - I heard about this! Had no ideal it included oval cuts (I thought it was for round cuts only) so I’ll reach out today.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @manhattan_mined

Let me tell you what I look for when looking at ovals. What you want to see is more nice (as in distinct) facets that reflect light well
showing up as the stone rotates.

Check out this stone...

As the stone turns you see more nice facets lighting up (and not mush which is gray and not well defined).
oval.png
Versus mush...
oval 3.png

Can you see the difference?

It's much easier to evaluate stones that are lying down and turning at an angle vs. stones that are standing straight up and
rotating.

Asets are helpful (to some extent) but they only provide one shot, at one angle, of how the stone is reflecting light.

Another that may be worth exploring...I only went by the images...did not look at anything else so needs further evaluation.
I'm afraid you will be limiting yourself if you try to stick to only HPHT.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Kim N - I really like that option! I sent it to my friend for his feedback. What’s the price? And any spec info?

Here's the link with all the info.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results