shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeing Crafted by Infinity diamonds for the first time!

mk206

Rough_Rock
Premium
Last weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to see Crafted by Infinity diamonds from High Performance Diamonds for the first time, and I really want to share my experience here in hopes of helping anyone else considering these beautiful, super-ideal diamonds!

As many have stated on these forums, Wink and Melissa are truly a pleasure to work with. They are so thorough with answering all of my questions. They are timely and professional, and I love how their business feels "small" - like I'm not just another number but that they truly care about my questions and concerns. In every e-mail I write them I say "thank you" so many times, because I am truly thankful for all of their time and attention to detail working with me on this search!

A little bit of background- for years I had always imagined my engagement ring as the classic Tiffany & Co solitaire. I wouldn’t describe myself as brand-obsessed or that I needed to have the name, I think I just honestly believed that Tiffany diamonds were the best of the best…so of course they’re more expensive, right? Fast-forward to discovering Pricescope. In conversations with my fiance-to-be, he knew that I loved those Tiffany rings but wasn’t quite convinced himself that they were the “best.” So he started doing some research and was actually the one to introduce me to Pricescope and the world of super-ideal diamonds. It didn’t take long to realize that Tiffany wasn’t everything I had believed it to be, and that what I really wanted was one of the beautiful super-ideal cut diamonds that so many of you have! AND, I could get a much bigger, better stone within our budget!

I didn’t find out about High Performance Diamonds until just recently when I got in touch with Wink and Melissa. They offered to send some stones to a local jeweler in my area, and I spent a few hours there on Friday comparing all of them. Needless to say, they were BEAUTIFUL. But the best moment is what happened the next day. I had talked with Melissa and was trying to narrow down my choices, so I decided to go back to the jewelry store and see them again. This time, I compared my favorite CBI diamond to a GIA ExExEx and one of their “high-quality” lab-grown diamonds (that was .3 ct bigger and less than half the price).

When we first looked at them under the jewelry case lights, they all looked beautiful. Even the CZs used to model in their custom settings looked beautiful. The real trick was when we started walking all over the store and even outside in natural light. The GIA and lab stones just fell flat! The Crafted by Infinity diamond was white, bright, sparkly, and rainbow-y, all at the same time, in all the different lighting scenarios we were able to use there. Seeing the CBI side-by-side to these other non-superideal diamonds was all the proof I needed to understand why these stones are so special, and why it is worth it (to us) to pay a little extra for them.

Finally, when I was done at the jewelry store on the second day, I decided that since I was close to Tiffany & Co that I should go get my Tiffany jewelry cleaned. While I waited, I looked at their engagement rings again. The sales professional pulled out a ring with a diamond that was the same size as the CBI diamond I had just looked at, and when she handed it to me I had to ask, “wait, is this really that size?” It looked so much SMALLER and DARKER! I couldn’t believe it. There is truly something to be said about that edge-to-edge brightness and perfect mirror facets of the Crafted by Infinity diamonds.

I hope this is helpful to anyone in a similar situation! Wink and Melissa really are wonderful and I would highly recommend reaching out if you want to “see it to believe it!” They will even send you a diamond to your home if you’re not near one of the jewelers that they partner with.

I'll upload a few pictures of these beautiful diamonds, sorry for the poor quality on my phone. More to come when we make the final decision!

mk206

Rough_Rock
Premium
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0107.JPG
These pictures don't do the diamonds justice at all! These are two Crafted by Infinity diamonds, just of slightly different sizes, and and they were both so amazingly sparkly in person! I can't say enough good things about them.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for feedback! I'm pleased you had a chance to check them out against other comparator stones and in various different lights :)

Did you get any pics of the CBI stones against the other stones? In different lights? That would be really useful if you did :)

mk206

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks for feedback! I'm pleased you had a chance to check them out against other comparator stones and in various different lights :)

Did you get any pics of the CBI stones against the other stones? In different lights? That would be really useful if you did :)

Unfortunately I don't have any photos as useful as what Drizzle posted in her thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nfinity-wf-aca-and-james-allen-gia-3x.235609/

My visit on the second day was pretty quick, just enough for me to see the difference, I wish I had remembered to take photos but Drizzle's photos and videos on her thread are amazing!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mk206

Weren't they special? I felt the same way when I first saw CBI diamonds at a Meet the Cutter event in CA where Paul (company founder) and John (US Account executive) were also in attendance . I have owned diamonds since 1979, completed my Gemologist Diploma (GIA) in 1989, and these diamonds still blew me away. Their 3D precision is exceptional.
I like them so much that I now own 5 of them, one being set as we speak.

Please let us know what you choose.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Buying a CBI from HP Diamonds was the best (non-essential) purchasing decision I ever made. The whole point of a diamond is to sparkle and reflect light. For me, buying a diamond that is as perfectly cut as possible was the only way to go. I lived with a poorly cut stone (larger than my new diamond) and I literally hated it.

My daughter has a part time job at one of the better mall jewelry stores (it's a smaller East Coast chain store). When the more experienced salespeople there heard I was buying a diamond off of the internet, they were appalled and genuinely worried for me. I couldn't wait to go visit my daughter at work after I got my CBI. My diamond blew every other diamond in that store completely away, including their signature hearts and arrows ideal cut Treasure Chest line. It wasn't even close! I so enjoyed the astonishment evident by all of the salespeople in the store. They couldn't believe how much better my "internet" diamond performed compared to their own diamonds.

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How do CBIs compare to WF ACAs?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Buying a CBI from HP Diamonds was the best (non-essential) purchasing decision I ever made. The whole point of a diamond is to sparkle and reflect light. For me, buying a diamond that is as perfectly cut as possible was the only way to go. I lived with a poorly cut stone (larger than my new diamond) and I literally hated it.

My daughter has a part time job at one of the better mall jewelry stores (it's a smaller East Coast chain store). When the more experienced salespeople there heard I was buying a diamond off of the internet, they were appalled and genuinely worried for me. I couldn't wait to go visit my daughter at work after I got my CBI. My diamond blew every other diamond in that store completely away, including their signature hearts and arrows ideal cut Treasure Chest line. It wasn't even close! I so enjoyed the astonishment evident by all of the salespeople in the store. They couldn't believe how much better my "internet" diamond performed compared to their own diamonds.

Congratulations! I know that you're going to enjoy wearing your Crafted by Infinity diamond each and every day!

I would have LOVED to be a fly on the wall in that jewelry store! :lol:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a whole thread on that very subject posted quite recently, with side-by-side pics IIRC!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both sell high quality H&A stones with ex upgrade policies. CBI comes with a 80% cash buy back policy were WF is only 70%.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A better question is, how do fully vetted in-stock super ideals, offered by merchants who provide comprehensive proof of performance, compare to diamonds available in the broader market. Most of those diamonds are offered by virtual sellers who have never evaluated them, and which are offered by multiple websites.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A better question is, how do fully vetted in-stock super ideals, offered by merchants who provide comprehensive proof of performance, compare to diamonds available in the broader market. Most of those diamonds are offered by virtual sellers who have never evaluated them, and which are offered by multiple websites.

I like this. I am sure i would swoon over CBI diamonds. I have earrings made from ACAs that are not too shabby, though. ;))

Link...https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/agbfs-5-ctw-diamond-hoop-earrings.193450/

Deb/AGBF

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The edge to edge rainbows, brightness and sparkle are what I love so much, even in my .56!!

Any plans to trade up, @whitewave ? :) I was browsing the website online inventory today!

@cflutist - I think I remember you saying you are a retired software engineer (or similar field?)— my DH is a software engineer and I remember him being very into the math and science of the cutting when we were in grad school (newly engaged). I was telling him about CBI diamonds tonight at dinner. :pray:

:)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both sell high quality H&A stones with ex upgrade policies. CBI comes with a 80% cash buy back policy were WF is only 70%.

Per Whiteflash website, 70% buyback is for only 1 year.

If for any reason you should want to sell your diamond after your 30 day return period, Whiteflash will buy qualifying diamonds back at 70% of the diamond’s purchase price. This benefit is guaranteed for one year from the date of your invoice.

HPD is 80% Lifetime buyback

You may return an undamaged Crafted by Infinity diamond and accompanying AGS report purchased from High Performance Diamonds to us for buyback for any reason, for life

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You may return an undamaged Crafted by Infinity diamond and accompanying AGS report purchased from High Performance Diamonds to us for buyback for any reason, for life
C
Thanks for the correction. Yup, CBI have the best buy back policy on the planet...:clap:

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

If for any reason you should want to sell your diamond after your 30 day return period, Whiteflash will buy qualifying diamonds back at 70% of the diamond’s purchase price. This benefit is guaranteed for one year from the date of your invoice.

WF do state that this isn't strict and they are open to longer periods but obviously this isn't guaranteed.

ACAs are generally cheaper on average so a difference in policy can be partially explained by this

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

C
Thanks for the correction. Yup, CBI have the best buy back policy on the planet...:clap:

WF do state that this isn't strict and they are open to longer periods but obviously this isn't guaranteed.

ACAs are generally cheaper on average so a difference in policy can be partially explained by this
To be fair to both parties referenced, I am sure that as with all sensible companies, they will have accounted for potential future cost implications of guarantees given and will have priced their goods up-front accordingly - it is up to the consumer to decide which options and offers suit them best and buy accordingly! :)

I don't think anyone would be unhappy with an ACA or a CBI, whichever they choose and for whatever reason they make that choice :)

erislynn

Shiny_Rock

Drizzle's Thread - The best vids!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nfinity-wf-aca-and-james-allen-gia-3x.235609/

My Thread
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cbi-vs-aca-another-pic-and-vid-comparison.236493/

You miss a lot by not seeing these in person though. The camera only captures a fraction of the fire and contrast your eyes would see. It is glorious when you see a CBI for the first time and many times thereafter if you take it home! ;-)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any plans to trade up, @whitewave ? :) I was browsing the website online inventory today!

@cflutist - I think I remember you saying you are a retired software engineer (or similar field?)— my DH is a software engineer and I remember him being very into the math and science of the cutting when we were in grad school (newly engaged). I was telling him about CBI diamonds tonight at dinner. :pray:

:)

I plan to make it a side stone in a 3 stone ring. My timetable is pushed back though lol. 3 at university in August :eek-2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drizzle's Thread - The best vids!
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nfinity-wf-aca-and-james-allen-gia-3x.235609/

My Thread
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cbi-vs-aca-another-pic-and-vid-comparison.236493/

You miss a lot by not seeing these in person though. The camera only captures a fraction of the fire and contrast your eyes would see. It is glorious when you see a CBI for the first time and many times thereafter if you take it home! ;-)

To be fair, if you are going to compare, I would assume you need to match stats

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I plan to make it a side stone in a 3 stone ring. My timetable is pushed back though lol. 3 at university in August :eek-2:

I have been sort of all over the place with my anniversary ring ideas for later this year (October). One of the front runners is a modest three stone with CBI diamonds. I’d want it to be more “band-like” with three stones of very similar sizes. I’m having fun researching. :) Wow, three at university! I am a few years behind you, but that will be us in about six years. So I should do my three stone now, lol.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech

Yes, I am a retired VP Software Engineering which is why I like the 3D fine tuning of the facets and virtual facets that CBI diamonds have.

Decide on the sizes you want and start searching now. I was very fortunate to find two .53s both F-color, within one clarity grade VS1 and VS2, within .01mm of each other, and with the same CA and PA. My ratio was 62% but the others are very nice too.

Three-Stone rings.jpg

erislynn

Shiny_Rock
To be fair, if you are going to compare, I would assume you need to match stats

And that's exactly what I did. Drizzle's selections were reasonably similar too.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@KristinTech

Yes, I am a retired VP Software Engineering which is why I like the 3D fine tuning of the facets and virtual facets that CBI diamonds have.

Decide on the sizes you want and start searching now. I was very fortunate to find two .53s both F-color, within one clarity grade VS1 and VS2, within .01mm of each other, and with the same CA and PA. My ratio was 62% but the others are very nice too.

Three-Stone rings.jpg

For this ring, I am thinking about the first ratio, where the stones are all closer in size. When I say “modest,” I’m thinking around 1.25 total weight. I don’t know how much you follow industry news, but we are still waiting for Qualcomm to officially acquire dh’s company. It is taking forever. Then I’ll know how modest this anniversary ring will be, hah. I am not sensitive to clarity, but I do want a G or higher ring. My ering is also F, and I love the icy look.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For this ring, I am thinking about the first ratio, where the stones are all closer in size. When I say “modest,” I’m thinking around 1.25 total weight. I don’t know how much you follow industry news, but we are still waiting for Qualcomm to officially acquire dh’s company. It is taking forever. Then I’ll know how modest this anniversary ring will be, hah. I am not sensitive to clarity, but I do want a G or higher ring. My ering is also F, and I love the icy look.
Broadcom is offering $79 per share. Your husband wants more???..:mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results