shape
carat
color
clarity

See anything wrong with this rock?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
I know it's not perfect, but for the price is it a nice stone?

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-48247.htm

Report: AGS
. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 1.030
. Depth %: 73.3
. Table %: 75.9
. Crown Angle: 35.4
. Crown %: 7.9
. Pavilion Angle: 41.7
. Pavilion %: 63.4
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 5.66-5.55X4.07
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

IS-one.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks pretty nice to me!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks nice to me too!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/28/2007 11:33:11 PM
Author:detzdotnet
I know it''s not perfect, but for the price is it a nice stone?

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-48247.htm

Report: AGS
. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 1.030
. Depth %: 73.3
. Table %: 75.9
. Crown Angle: 35.4
. Crown %: 7.9
. Pavilion Angle: 41.7
. Pavilion %: 63.4
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 5.66-5.55X4.07
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible
The girdle is down to 1.3mm which worries me if it is an exposed ring.
It did not make AGS 0 - perhaps because of the EX EX rather than I I sym and polish
But the reason I like to use a hand held ASET (see the refernce chart on my site below) is that I think this stone would show dead areas just inside the table when rocking from side to side.

It is probably on about the 80% of all stones cut grade.
Personally i would lower the clarity and spend more on cut - you willnot regret it

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 1:35:58 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
It did not make AGS 0 - perhaps because of the EX EX rather than I I sym and polish

But maybe just because of the DQR?

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
DQR ordered because of proportions I'd suspect more than pol/sym.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
Could anyone make another suggestion from WF?
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/SearchResult.aspx?isStatic=false

I need to keep the diamond price under $6000 because the setting is so much.

Also, I don't get how the ACA
http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-53376.htm#
one is more, to me the ideal scope looks better on the ES one I posted above. What am I missing...why is the ACA some $700 more?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 6:32:06 AM
Author: detz
Could anyone make another suggestion from WF?
http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/SearchResult.aspx?isStatic=false

I need to keep the diamond price under $6000 because the setting is so much.

Also, I don''t get how the ACA
http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-53376.htm#
one is more, to me the ideal scope looks better on the ES one I posted above. What am I missing...why is the ACA some $700 more?
Detz,

Have you spoken to your rep about this comparison? For future reference it''s far more useful to compare ASETs than ideal-scopes in fancies, so start there (though the reflector images for both of these are just going to tell you they have great light return).

The attributes of the ES disqualify it from ACA as Brian insists on a certain visual balance for the brand to maintain consistency of appearance. Two diamonds can both perform well but have slightly different ''looks.'' You can start by comparing table %, crown height and chevron faceting. Also, a key distinction in markup that every ACA is accompanied by the AGS DQD and has an ideal rating in light performance, as well as proportions and finish.

If you don''t understand the implications of ASET, configuration differences, chevron faceting, etc. you can search here or speak to your rep (or ask for my extension) and we will be glad to discuss these basics with you. Appreciate your interest.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
Thanks Brian. I''ve decided to just go with the ACA, we can keep this discussion going but I no longer need advice. :)

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 10:44:37 AM
Thanks Brian. I've decided to just go with the ACA, we can keep this discussion going but I no longer need advice. :)
Detz - I'm happy to be called Brian if you're referring to our esteemed cutter (though I am not worthy)...but if you're mistaking me for my brother Brian we're going to have words.
37.gif
Very well, and we are happy to address anything further, here or via phone.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
Yeah, sorry John.

Quick question, I placed the order with Jamie and she said I would get an email with an order confirmation. That was well over an hour ago..she hasn''t responded to my email. Any ideas?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 11:44:50 AM
Yeah, sorry John.

Quick question, I placed the order with Jamie and she said I would get an email with an order confirmation. That was well over an hour ago..she hasn''t responded to my email. Any ideas?
Don''t fret...you''ll get the confirmation. It''s the holidays and I''m surprised no one at WF has drowned.

detzdotnet

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/29/2007 11:52:10 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 11/29/2007 11:44:50 AM

Yeah, sorry John.

Quick question, I placed the order with Jamie and she said I would get an email with an order confirmation. That was well over an hour ago..she hasn't responded to my email. Any ideas?

Don't fret...you'll get the confirmation. It's the holidays and I'm surprised no one at WF has drowned.

That's what I'm thinking...I'm just worried, not only is this the most I've ever spent but the timeline is very very close....it's supposed to arrive the day I have to leave for my trip. No buffer space!
7.gif

This always happens, as soon as a hit submit I get the 'New Mail' notification.
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe you can pick up the phone and confirm?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Detz - The rep should process the paperwork for your diamond order and setting fairly quickly. I can check with processing to see if they have that order yet, but I feel safe in saying you will get a confirmation email today.

Date: 11/29/2007 11:52:10 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Don''t fret...you''ll get the confirmation. It''s the holidays and I''m surprised no one at WF has drowned.
LOL
1.gif
"...I''ll never let go, TG."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results