shape
carat
color
clarity

Secret sneaky dress store photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I think the ML looks much more flattering on you. Hands down.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I love the ML!! It looks so much more original to me than the MS. I think because all I see now are strapless lace dresses. Love the ML!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 2:23:55 PM
Author: february2003bride
I love the ML!! It looks so much more original to me than the MS. I think because all I see now are strapless lace dresses. Love the ML!

This was my exact thought.

Although, I can see where if the MS fit, it would be lovely, but that ML is already perfect.

Of course, you, your Mother, and MOH know you best, so maybe your original thoughts are the right ones.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really LOVE the ML on you... honestly, I''m not such a fan of the MS on you.

enfianced

Shiny_Rock
My vote is for the ML...it''s more "done" ... does that make since...the other one looks more "fancy-nightgown-ish" to me, but then again I''ve seen so many strapless I always tend to favor gowns with straps/sleeves of some kind...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m definately in the ML camp. Although I love the lace detail of the MS, the shape of it is rather bland on you....and you are anything but bland.
9.gif

And then there are those gorgeous dresses that the other girls posted...oh vey...
30.gif

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm I dont know...its really hard to tell with the quality of the pics what the MS really looks like on you and how much it needs to be altered. Did it look much better to you in real life?

I think they are both really beautiful but I do kind of agree with whoever said that there might be a little too much going on with the ML. But that is just my personal dress-style bias. The dress looks gorgeous on you!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for all of your advice. Although the ML does look much more flattering in the pictures, I think it is just not the style I am looking for. I am not crazy about the ruching, and the fact that it comes in so tightly in the waist and then flares out means I look younger...and less 'womanly' (small boobs don't help with that either!) My mom likes the ML, but doesn't think it is 'the one' - she says it is between the Valentina and a dress we saw at Amy Kuschel.

But in the Valentina dress, my hips are accented, much more in the photos than I noticed in real life - and this second dress shop didn't really fit it well to me like the first one did, so it is pulling down a bit. But even if it looks amazing in real life and not great in photos...I want to look good in both!!

I think my plan will be to go back to Amy Kuschel with my MOH and get her opinion on the contender there. I may go back and try on the Valetina again, but I don't know if I will be able to get over those photos and all of your comments on it! (I take full responsibility for posting the photos...now it is just a 'mind clean thing')

The advantage of the AK dress (Ingrid) would be that it is $1500 cheaper than either of the other ones. It is strapless, has lace on the top, and amazing silk organza on the bottom half. This dress really MOVES when you walk, it is beautiful. AK also makes the dress specifically to fit, so that would help.

I'll keep you guys updated and let you know if I have any more sneaky photos.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh you look so beautiful Rockzilla! I know you love the Valentina but I have to say the Monique is really doing amazing things for your figure. It makes your waist look small, the sleeves are so lovely and feminine and emphasize your lovely shoulders and neck and overall the dress gives you a lovely hourglass shape. I like the Valentina and it does have lovely fabric, but on you I think the Monique is just perfect.

ETA: I just saw that you don't love it. Okay. On to the AK. Hope you can sneak us some photos!!! It sounds beautiful.
2.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Haha - thanks Gypsy. Luckily my wedding is not until next August, so I have some time, and I refuse to be a 2 dress bride!

One thing I did learn though, is that independent salons carrying Melissa Sweet/POB are very keen to compete with the PoB salons themselves. Alexandra, for example, was willing to match the 10% off from the trunk show, and also split the $500 muslin fee with me. She also said "whatever deal they give you, come back to me, I can match or beat it" - competition is king, my friends!

Date: 6/16/2008 7:40:39 PM
Author: rockzilla
Haha - thanks Gypsy. Luckily my wedding is not until next August, so I have some time, and I refuse to be a 2 dress bride!

One thing I did learn though, is that independent salons carrying Melissa Sweet/POB are very keen to compete with the PoB salons themselves. Alexandra, for example, was willing to match the 10% off from the trunk show, and also split the $500 muslin fee with me. She also said ''whatever deal they give you, come back to me, I can match or beat it'' - competition is king, my friends!
You are so right, my dear! And I forget what city you''re in, but in my city, I''m a tad disappointed with the POB seamstress capabilities, and I feel like the smaller shops just seem more accomodating.

You are too cute and you will have SOO many options! You still have lots of time (though I did like both of those though!) Keep looking...you want to be sure so you are not like me and hurrying to find a sample 2 mos before! :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You do have plenty of time.
4.gif
You I know you are a wee bit hard on yourself, but you have a lovely figure and are so pretty that I just know when you find your dress we are all going to be just in AWE. As will your groom. I can't wait till the next round of pics! I am glad that they are willing to make a deal to get the sale. Hopefully your dress will be a great deal, as well as being perfect for you!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Welllll, there were 19 votes for ML. We can''t all be wrong
2.gif

You gotta wear what you love, all we can do is say which one we think looks best on you. Any idea what your FI might find most attractive? Has he ever pointed at anything and said, "wow that''s a great wedding dress"?

How about the last one on Future Mrs Polka Dot''s link

I love the waist. I love the bust. I love the lace touches (not a fan of 100% lace covered dresses). I think it would look great on you.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Purfect Pear - that is actually very similar to the amy kuschel I am considering:

(I think I could hide some hips under this thing!)

ingrid12345.jpg

Date: 6/16/2008 10:03:14 PM
Purfect Pear - that is actually very similar to the amy kuschel I am considering:

Oooh, this one looks gorgeous!

I think the lace one that pear is referring to in my post is by Christos. Christos seems to have a ton of gorgeous lace dresses, with lace touches as opposed to the entire dress being lace.

As gypsy said, you are gorgeous and have a gorgeous figure! So I am confident that you will find something to make us all swoon! :)

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 10:03:14 PM

Mmmm, I love that dress too. You aren''t hippy, the MS just made you look hippy. Your figure is quite nice
1.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
ha ha...I am definitely a pear shape though, purfect pear...

I''m size 4-6-8/10 from top to bottom...

Anyone know what the price range is for the christos dresses? the only locations in CA are Saks, which is $$$$$

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to second the Christos thing. My first dress from Klienfelds (cancelled the order) was a Christos, and I bought another as a sample later on (dress 2). The laces are beautiful and the quality of his dresses is very high. I think the dresses I looked at (years ago) were about 3k, give or take. You might want to just call Saks and ask thier price ranges on Christos.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I may be late and out of date at this point, but I still
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
number 1!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results