shape
carat
color
clarity

Secondhand Tiffany ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tavz

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

just discovered this website, very useful.

Here's my question, I have seen a secondhand Tiffany platinum diamond set ring for sale, I haven't got the exact details of the stone as yet, shop was closed, the window price is $3000. As an initial heads up does $3000 sound like a good price for an original Tiffany? Do Tiffany sell rings in this price bracket ?

any thoughts would be appreciated.:twirl:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Could you give us more info on the diamond (carat, color, clarity)? Is it just a symple Tiffany solitaire or more advanced design?

tavz

Rough_Rock
Have some more information regarding the Tiffany ring,

Graded in mount,
Round cut stone,
3.8 Carat,
Colour F,
Clarity v v s1,
Ring is stamped and numbered,
comes with documentation,

his best price is $2620

it is a very simple elegant ring (and within my budget), any opinions as to value for money,

many thanks,

Paul.

tavz

Rough_Rock
ummm, that should be 0.38 Carat, apologies.

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
A stone can't be properly graded while mounted. Take any of those measurements with a big grain of salt.

If it really means something to you to have a Tiffany ring, I'd imagine it's a pretty good price on one, all things considered.

However, if the Tiffany name doesn't mean as much as getting the best diamond for the money, you could likely do better. It just depends on what is important to you regarding the 4 C's, and how much the name means to you.

You could run a search on pricescope to see what diamonds you can buy in the .25 to .5 carat range. Tiffany-style settings themselves are easy to come by and fairly cheap as far as settings go, because they are so slender and use so little metal.

Do you think she'd prefer a larger stone? If so, you could get a good-quality larger stone on pricescope and still stay in your budget. If we know what you're looking for in the 4 C's, we can be of more help on that regard.

tavz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input BingBongBug,

I have approached the subject in the past with my girlfriend, she doesn't like big stones, she doesn't actually wear that much jewelery, I could afford a larger stone but it's more a case of personal taste. She wouldn't judge my level of commitment or love on the size of a diamond!

I would say colour, cut and clarity are more important to me than size. The Tiffany is a beautiful piece, having said that I was drawn to the beauty and simplicity of the ring rather than the makers mark.

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
Sounds like you two have your priorities straight. :)

All things considered, it sounds to me like you may have found your ring.

On the caveat side, though, I would make sure I had a return policy with the vendor and get that stone checked out by an independent appraiser (someone who doesn't sell jewelry). If it doesn't match up with the stats he gave you, either return it or talk about a price reduction.

But if you've looked around a good deal, and this is the ring that is calling to you, I think you're in pretty good shape, assuming the appraisal is very close to what it's supposed to be.

Keep us posted.

tavz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that, I know getting engaged isn't about how much or how little you spend, but I don't want to pay way over the odds either.

I'll keep you posted, many thanks, Paul. (UK, London):))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results