shape
carat
color
clarity

Secondhand ring advice?

RockOnABudget

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm new here and new to the world of ring shopping! I'm learning a lot from the pricescope community but have some questions if people think it's worth buying/risking a ring secondhand? I'm in the market for a platinum ring to match my engagement ring, but since my ring finger is quite tiny (<4) I'm finding that the cheaper big box jewelers don't really sell anything in my size. I went to a boutique shop in person recently and everything was so out of budget, so I thought that buying secondhand might make sense. I think I like traditional eternity band look and I found this Tiffany ring. The seller seems to have a great ratings but I rarely purchase secondhand and feel a little hesitant. I also learned recently that Tiffany doesn't really authenticate rings anymore in their stores.

I'm not sure what's the best way to make a educated purchase or once purchasing, how to authenticate the ring at all. Seeking any advice on second hand shopping or rings on a budget!

s-l960.jpg s-l960-2.jpg s-l960-3.jpg
Thanks so much :)

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might want to remove the eBay link if you are serious about it because lurkers often snipe things that get PS approval!

I like buying on eBay and you can get some good stuff there. I don’t know about branded pieces though, maybe someone will come along to help with that.

RockOnABudget

Rough_Rock
You might want to remove the eBay link if you are serious about it because lurkers often snipe things that get PS approval!

I like buying on eBay and you can get some good stuff there. I don’t know about branded pieces though, maybe someone will come along to help with that.

Oh wow I didn't know oops. Thanks so much I just took off the link o_O

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results