shape
carat
color
clarity

Second opinion on diamond proportions for an engagement ring

Benoit-G

Rough_Rock
Dear Periscopers, new joiner here looking at making decision on an engagement ring. In a nutshell, I am looking for a simple and not too large round-lab rock on a solitaire setting. I looked at 1.8ct originally down to 1.6ct and now more in the 1.2ct-1.3ct range. Clarity and color wise I am pretty flexible (I have seen various notes of the minor differences between an F and a D or a VVS1 and IF for example). Some people prefer adding some fluorescence, other not, others look for table under 60%. So I am a bit lost in what I should look for.

Budget is $1000-1500. I have found some options already and would like to better understand the cut and size aspect. I have found the one below, that roughly follows the 60/60 pattern which I thought was a looked upon flavor.

1706798722666.png 1706798914922.png

It sits at the intersection between GIA Excellent and AGS Ideal.

Thoughts?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Benoit-G

I'm going to ask that this thread get moved to the lab grown forum which is located here:

Most PSers prefer TIC stones (Tokowski Ideal Cut) for a nice distribution of brightness, scintillation and fire.

60/60s usually favor white light return at the cost of some fire. There are a few PSers that prefer 60/60 stones.
They are generally preferred for earrings and pendants because viewers heads are less likely to block the light
to the stones.

Anyhow, you can find lots of good info here on cut

You can play around with the size of stones using the wearer's finger size here to get a relative idea of how it will look:

Use the actual diamond size...dont let the site use default values because they tend to be bigger than actual well cut stones
you will find.

Psers will help you on the lab forum find a nice stone in your budget...Good luck!

Benoit-G

Rough_Rock
Hi @Benoit-G

I'm going to ask that this thread get moved to the lab grown forum which is located here:

Most PSers prefer TIC stones (Tokowski Ideal Cut) for a nice distribution of brightness, scintillation and fire.

60/60s usually favor white light return at the cost of some fire. There are a few PSers that prefer 60/60 stones.
They are generally preferred for earrings and pendants because viewers heads are less likely to block the light
to the stones.

Anyhow, you can find lots of good info here on cut

You can play around with the size of stones using the wearer's finger size here to get a relative idea of how it will look:

Use the actual diamond size...dont let the site use default values because they tend to be bigger than actual well cut stones
you will find.

Psers will help you on the lab forum find a nice stone in your budget...Good luck!

Helpful! Thank you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results