shape
carat
color
clarity

Second Hand Vatche U-113 setting

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I am looking at a second hand Vatche u-113 setting. It had be originally set with a 1.3 carat stone, do you think it's reasonable to assume my 1.7 carat stone would fit in this no problem? Also, it is listed at $799 and has been listed for 10months so i'm thinking I could maybe get it for a little bit less, I'm not sure how much a jeweller charges to set a stone, but factoring that in, would this seem like a reasonable deal, or do they often come up for sale around this price?

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t think your stone will fit properly.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think your stone will fit properly.

Agreed. That is a big difference in size. I would not risk it.

Reactions: caf

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!! their listing said would fit anywhere from 1ct-1.99 so I thought it might work, I'll keep looking for something closer :)

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks!! their listing said would fit anywhere from 1ct-1.99 so I thought it might work, I'll keep looking for something closer :)

This is only accurate as long as the setting is brand new and the prongs are uncut. As soon as prongs were notched to set the stone, the leaway reduces to something like 0.5mm each way of original stone, as otherwise prongs have to be redone.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m pretty sure the only way it could fit a 1.7ct would be to have the head replaced which would cost you more money ... guessing at least a couple hundred if done by Vatche’.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I have one of these that might fit your stone. What are the dimensions of your stone?

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
I have one of these that might fit your stone. What are the dimensions of your stone?

hi! it is 7.65x7.7x4.69 :) how much are you asking?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
hi! it is 7.65x7.7x4.69 :) how much are you asking?

It was set with a stone just a little larger than that. I think it was 7.8.

I'll go make a listing in the buy-sell forum so you can respond there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results