shape
carat
color
clarity

Seating arrangement guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
another day, another slew of questions from me
emwink.gif
. Less than 40 days to go..eek!

so, i''m curious what the general etiquette is for seating. does FI''s side sit on one side, and mine on the other (give or take a few tables, since it won''t be exact)? or are we supposed to mix everyone up? do we have guests sit with their family or with new faces they have things in common with or a bit of both?
curious to know the general guidelines, and faux pas to avoid!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Seating plans are always a nightmare!

I have been know to spend 9 hours over 1 for a dinner for 100.
20.gif

There aren''t any rules on one side for groom or one side for bride.

Debretts (the uk etiquette experts) have the following advice:

Couples should be seated at the same table. Engaged couples or those in the first year of marriage should be seated next to each other, those married for more than a year should be on the same table but not next to each other (likewise those who are not engaged).

Try to sit people with those of a similar age rather than in families.

You will always have a few ''nightmares'' who are either difficult, very boring or lecherous who have to be invited because they''re your cousin''s husband or your great uncle George etc. My rule is to always make sure that everyone has at least one person they are likely to get on with on one side - then if the other is awful they''ve got someone to talk to!

If you can do male/female/male/female great - if not don''t worry too much.

If you have some single females - stick them on the same table as other singles, gay men are ideal here as well! Don''t put them on an all couples table. Single men are less of a problem - they can go anywhere!

Try and put people with new faces especially if they have something in common - it''s much more fun.

Hope that helps a bit.

I find sticking all the names either in excel or on bits of paper and then moving them around makes it easier to do. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results