shape
carat
color
clarity

Seasonality of Diamond Prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

imbrad

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

I have just joined the forum after lurking around for about a month. My SO and I are preparing to purchase two Princess stones and need some advice from the experts here.

First, are there better "seasons" for executing purchases of stones? What I mean by this is... Is Christmas a period of higher pricing due to Holiday gift giving? We would like to have the rings made sometime in the next month or so, but there is no particular rush...

Second, we plan to get two similar stones that are on the order of 0.7 to 1 carat. We hope to pay less than $2,500 per stone. In the beginning we thought of getting stones that were a minimum of SI2 in clarity and H in color. Lately, however, we have been thinking of going to an I color grade in order to increase the carat weight. Any thoughts?

We appreciate your time and advice.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Imbrad,

I haven't noticed any significant increase in prices during this holiday season. The market is more active of course but there is also a lot of competition. Goods are moving faster though especially those that are in demand. So if you are looking and thinking about a diamond in the web today, tomorrow it can be gone.

Cut Nut also hasn't seen much price change in his 25 years practice:
[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results